Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you expect and not Expect from your commanders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you expect and not Expect from your commanders?

Well last night i played a few games and was commander of about 20+ people, and i gotta tell ya i loved it. And many people liked my commanding.

Last night i also got The Staff Officer Ribbon, and the Basic Command Badge.

What do you guys expect of your commander, what do you not expect of your commander? Some people say commanders shouldnt use vehicles, but i cant see why. Some people think its not enough that a commander is giving orders, supporting, and giving out artilery strikes. So what makes a good commander? what can i do to please everyone and make for a good game?

Re: What do you expect and not Expect from your commanders?

The only reason I can see why commanding in a vehicle may be bad is it might take the commander's attention away while commanding (but I don't think it is a problem unless he is in a plane or chopper.)

What I want from Commanders:
    -Give orders
    -Listen to teamates
    -Answer supply drop/UAV/artillery requests
    -Put artillery where needed (and warn teammates before putting it there.)
    -Always use UAV
    -Fix the commander assets himself instead of wasting valuble supply drops
    -Use VoIP
    -Only go into battle ONLY if necessary (i.e. enemy is capturing flag near him and there are no teammates around.)
    -Spot enemies as much as possible

Things I DON'T want from commanders:
    -Flying in a chopper or plane while ignoring commander duties
    -Using artillery unwisely
    -Going into battle when not even needed
    -Not being in communication with other teammates

That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

right on!

Comment

yea when im commander im typically a sniper and just sit in the bushes and watch a location until someone comes along i just watch the map and place all the nessasary commands/actions.

Comment

since spec ops now get points for blowing up commander assets it is pretty important for the commander to be engineer with some sort of vehicle if for nothing else than self preservation and getting the hell outa dodge when swarmed with spec ops pukes

if the game is well in hand and team is working well there is no need for commander to be involved in the fight

if team is getting swamped then one man is not going to change the outcome so commander needs to arty and spot bad guys even more

plus if commander is dead he cannot do anything so that makes him pretty much useless

if there is armour that no one is using in the base spawn i will take it as my command post good to repair stuff and kill spec ops as they come for easy points plus it prevents some greasy spec ops noobie from taking it and using it agianst my team

so good commander repairs his own equipment stays alive uses the zoom and voip to help sections find people at tricky spawns and never never never drops supply boxes on his own kit becasue that just resuplies the spec ops to do it over again your tema will win the fight not the artillery

sorry if i flame the spec ops but damn i hate those suiciding nutbars but i get a good laugh whne they die killing me as it is -2 for a suicide so no points

Comment

From a commander i expect them to put being commander #1. Now if there in a vehicle or fighting and doing ok all is good. But i hate seeing a commander running around the map with no uav not using arty and not listening to the team.

I find a good spot and hide unless im needed somewhere capping flags ect. If i see an ungarded flag close by i'll try to cap it. Or if i see incoming enemys when i scan i'll position my self for an ambush.

but in recent games i've noticed a trend of the other guy scanning for me and droping arty on me. so when this happens i try my hardest to sneek into his building and shock paddle him lol (i've gotten away with it 3 time already)

I also get mad when some gets all whinney when you cant give them a arty strike or supply drop and you start seeing mutiny vote after vote after vote from one person. Sometimes its need somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer
              The only reason I can see why commanding in a vehicle may be bad is it might take the commander's attention away while commanding (but I don't think it is a problem unless he is in a plane or chopper.)

What I want from Commanders:
              -Give orders
              -Listen to teamates
              -Answer supply drop/UAV/artillery requests
              -Put artillery where needed (and warn teammates before putting it there.)
              -Always use UAV
              -Fix the commander assets himself instead of wasting valuble supply drops
              -Use VoIP
              -Only go into battle ONLY if necessary (i.e. enemy is capturing flag near him and there are no teammates around.)
              -Spot enemies as much as possible

Things I DON'T want from commanders:
              -Flying in a chopper or plane while ignoring commander duties
              -Using artillery unwisely
              -Going into battle when not even needed
              -Not being in communication with other teammates

That's all I can think of right now.
              mine are basically the same. i hate it when say an enemy soldier has jumped from a plane and is lurking on the airfield and you're right there behind him following him and then the commander puts artillery on him. there are better things to do with artillery than to put it on one single guy, i front of an enemy soldier, at an uncappable base.

Comment

Answer supply drop/UAV/artillery requests

I don't need them to send in arty when 2 bad guys are taking a flag, I could hanlde it! I hate that

Comment

lol, that ^^^ might describe what i do sometimes, however, I usually do a scan of the map and where i see the greatest concentration of enemy forces is where i place UAVs and Artilery

Comment

Lots of feedback, but here's one thing you can do that'll make you a better Commander.

If someone requests supplies, drop them on the REQUEST, not just nearby. You can seriously screw a squad over by not dropping on the specific request.

If someone requests supplies and they are not available, tell the SL that you "Read him" and then use the "Squad, resupply available on your request" command when they are ready. DO NOT just drop them on the squad when the supplies are ready - again, you might screw them over (by dropping them next to an enemy tank), or drop the supplies into an area where they'll be promptly destroyed.

Comment

If a commander swears at me, and abuses me with obscene language, he loses all respect from me.

I've been in games where my commander screams 'Why is no one folling F#$%ING orders?' Maybe because we aren't in the military. We play this game for recreation.

We follow orders because we want to. Because we choose to. If someone doesn't follow your wishes, well, sorry, but tough. Get over it.

And don't blame your team when you lose. Pub games just go that way.

Comment

hey when im commander, i dont care if no one is a team player, long as everyone is happy, but alot of the time people play as a team or at least most do, i see alot of squads formed and alot of people who acknowalged my orders.

Comment

Originally posted by modifierLE
                          hey when im commander, i dont care if no one is a team player, long as everyone is happy, but alot of the time people play as a team or at least most do, i see alot of squads formed and alot of people who acknowalged my orders.
                          Eh what servers do you play on..... I find its like a miracle to get one working squad that follows orders.

Comment

These are the few things that I really expect of a commander
                            - Give orders but only when necessary. Don't point out the obvious things like attack the next closest enemy flag or defend a flag that has clearly been under siege for the last few minutes. If you give needless orders then important orders will be ignored. Using VOIP makes this much easier and more efficient.
                            - Answer any reasonable requests for Arty, UAV and supplies when possible. Again VOIP makes it much easier to keep a squad up to date on any requests.
                            - Place arty on enemy positions as often as possible but make sure there aren't friendly units around (or at least more enemies than friendlies). There are far too many times when me and my entire squad have been capturing a flag only to have friendly arty land on us.

Comment

Working...
                            X