voltage check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voltage check

hi my friend pc has recently been shutting its self off then restarting again . this problem started when he put his new graphics card in . he has upgradee his ram to 1.g and now he has this problem . i have tryed and helped with this but i am stuck because i want to check if it is overheating but i dont no how u view it on ur pc ? like if it is going over 70c 0r under 50 c . so i am writing to ask you if u now how to find this info or do u have to download a program to view it ?

thankyou sweetdude2005:hmm:

Re: voltage check

Need more info on what kinda card he has and the PSU, and other equipment in the pc. The motherboard manufacturer, and what he's doing when it restarts.

Comment

er i think he has a ati radeon 9600pro and i dnt no his psu . whjen it resarts it is mainly when he is playin pc games but resarts sometimes when he is on the internet . when he loads up his pc it take ages to load to the desktop . i will try find the psu out for you . how do u find the psu ?

Comment

There's alot of variables in there. The PSU you can check by looking at the side of it. Also you mentioned ram, is the ram the same, same speed and manufacturer?

Comment

it can be a stability issue, but it doesnt sound like hes done and overclocking or any messing with the BIOS.

Comment

You say he upgraded the RAM? Did he just add another chip of the same type, or is it a different make/model?

Comment

to be honest i dnt no i will find out for you tommorow and i will post the info ...... how do u find that bios thing on ur pc ?

Comment

hey i had the same problem with my old computer, turned out that the RAM and the motherboard had a problem, if i was you i'd tell my friend to take it to a shop pronto!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetdude2005
                  to be honest i dnt no i will find out for you tommorow and i will post the info ...... how do u find that bios thing on ur pc ?
                  Shortly after the system posts (makes a beep noise, and your monitor comes to life) there's usually a logo screen, or startup info. During this time you can hit a button like the "Delete" button (most common in my experiance), and it will bring up the bios. The mobo manufacturer's website or manual should tell you what key to press.

If he changed the model or brand when he upgraded, and didn't clear the CMOS (or at least have everything in BIOS RAM settings to "default") it could be sending the wrong voltage to the RAM, or even giving it incorrect timings, both of which could lead to instability.

I always clear my CMOS after I install new hardware. Sometimes I'll get "quirks" even when I manually set everything right. After I clear it, it works fine.

Comment

ok thanks for this stuff i will check it out

Comment

ok thanks for this stuff i will check it out

Comment

Working...
                      X