How to turn shellshock off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to turn shellshock off?

I'm now running BF2 at 1600 x 1200 on my widescreen LCD. It runs great except for when I get shell shock and it's about 1fps and totally unplayable. Is there any way of turning this effect down or off preferrable. I'm not trying to cheat, if I get shellshock I expect some kind of visual penaity but 1fps isn't the penalty I'm after, the only way round that I can find is to turn my res right down (which is crap on a 24" widescreen).

The other obvious solution is to upgrade my graphics card but I can't afford that so any useful suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

I'm running a Radeon 9800 128Mb Pro in case you were wondering.

Re: How to turn shellshock off?

well imo you shouldnt be running that huge a display with that card for the first thing (i got an x800 and that has fps problems quite a lot at 1600 1200 in this game)

try turning the settings down in game?

Comment

There's no option to turn that off. It's built into the game. It's like trying to turn off the tear gas effect, what's the point of having the tear gas then? If you're frame rates are dropping, then you need to beef up your components. That vid card is a little on the low side. Get a better vid card and you won't have that problem.

Comment

Sorry, but I would consider that cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by meanfocker
          The other obvious solution is to upgrade my graphics card but I can't afford that so any useful suggestions are appreciated.
          You should've thought of that when you bought your 24" LCD Widescreen monito ;]]

I agree with Rafterman, it would be "cheating", but it everyone could do it, no one would have it on because it's a pain in the ass sometimes, and that would render the effect total useless. Lower your resolution :P

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
            Sorry, but I would consider that cheating.
            lol
            Who cares? Its not possible because you cant play online anymore with modified content...

Comment

Shellshock is part of the game, turning it off would be a hack

Think of it this way, its not convenient shellshock? Well its not convenent to not be able to see the enemy behind walls either, perhaps turn walls off?
              You can already turn off shadows to increase performance, thats enough already

If you have FPS problem with shell shock, its your graphic cards problem, get a new driver or get a better graphic card, Shellshock is part of the game, if your computer cant render it its your problem, not shellshock.

Comment

First off, you have a 24" widescreen and are using a 9800 pro with 128meg of ram, and have the games res set to 1600x1200?! LMAO!

If I were you I would get a newer video card that can handle those res ASAP! Shellshock is part of the game and it isn't going anywhere soon.

Comment

I can barely run the game at 1280x1024 with the same card.

YOU ARE CRAZY MAN CRAZY!111!!!1111!!!SEVEN!ELEVEN!!!!ONE!!!!ZEROONE!

Comment

Why is Shellshock there in the game.

Comment

You should have got a 17" or 19" LCD and then a better graphics card with it! I have a great card but a rubbish 17" CRT monitor. I would rather have it my way than yours. and just so you know, if it looks crap on a lower resolution, there is Anti-Aliasing. ATI cards got up to 6x unlike nvidia's 4x.

Comment

lower your resolution and turn on AA.
                        and get a new card

Comment

OK thanks, basically the answer is no. Yes I do need to change my graphics card and will do so latter this year. Thanks for telling me which LCD I should have bought, although I really think I made a better decision as when I do upgrade my system will kick ass. Besides I had a 19" CRT which was great but this screen is the monks nuts.

Comment

It's a fact that ATI cards just can't hold up at higher resolutions vs. Nvidia cards. Since you already have such a large display, I would probably reocmmend a decent nvidia card, you'll have less problems with fps.

Comment

u wanna know what settings i run on my 9800 pro 128mb?

800x600, all low settings except for effects and geometry. even if so, the game still crashes like a b1tch when i fly jets.

Comment

Working...
                              X