Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to have two versions of BF2 at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to have two versions of BF2 at the same time?

I need to be able to have installed two versions of BF2 on my PC. But every time I attempt an install the setup sees that BF2 is already installed and limits my options to "Modify" and "Uninstall".
    So I was wondering if there was any way around this? I've already tried moving the folders and renaming them.
    Thank you.

Re: Possible to have two versions of BF2 at the same time?

of corse you cant.. not on the same acc .

Comment

You make it sound like a stupid question...
      I have different versions for other games, Star Trek: Bridge Commander, for example.

Comment

What's the motive for doing this?

Could you not just install 1 copy and then create multiple player profiles?

Comment

It's because the installer is seeing the registry entries...

why ARE you trying to do this anyway???

Comment

A friend of mine cannot get hold of patches or the expansion pack, whereas I have both. He will be able to in the future but it's going to take some time (long story).
            So for us to be able to game together in the mean time I need to install a copy of BF2 plain with no patches and no expansion pack, while still keeping my patched expanded edition playable... so I can still game on other up to date servers.

Could you elaborate on your reference to registry entries? Is there any way of decieving the program into thinking it has not already been installed?
            Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X