Multiplayer with a frined + bots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer with a frined + bots?

is it possible to play bf2 multiplayer with a friend, and bots? like in singleplayer, just with a human player with me?

Re: Multiplayer with a frined + bots?

Originally posted by igurman
    is it possible to play bf2 multiplayer with a friend, and bots? like in singleplayer, just with a human player with me?
    I done it a long time ago, If i rember you host a lan game so the two of you can see each other but dont start the game. Then the host exits the lan game and starts a single player game, then the other players game will change to your single player game then he joins.

Comment

Yeah, this 'works' but it's a hell of a process to go through just to get a LAN game up and running. The cynical will say that EA have made BF2 as LAN unfriendly as possible because they get no money from anyone playing on a LAN - it's all in the rented servers for them. I can't find anything (except the above couple of posts) about LAN playing BF2. Why is this, when BF1942 & BFV were both amazing LAN games?????
      Does anyone have any information, or can point me in the right direction for information about LAN playing BF2, that makes the experience easier/better??? Thanks in advance....

Originally posted by Smiley_ie
      I done it a long time ago, If i rember you host a lan game so the two of you can see each other but dont start the game. Then the host exits the lan game and starts a single player game, then the other players game will change to your single player game then he joins.

Comment

Originally posted by Muttmonsta
        Yeah, this 'works' but it's a hell of a process to go through just to get a LAN game up and running. The cynical will say that EA have made BF2 as LAN unfriendly as possible because they get no money from anyone playing on a LAN - it's all in the rented servers for them. I can't find anything (except the above couple of posts) about LAN playing BF2. Why is this, when BF1942 & BFV were both amazing LAN games?????
        Does anyone have any information, or can point me in the right direction for information about LAN playing BF2, that makes the experience easier/better??? Thanks in advance....
        I agree, BF2 bots are dumb anyway even in expert difficulty.

Comment

I too wanted to play multiplayer lan match with friends & add bots to fill up the numbers - Also to give us practice playing as a sqaud "We are all new to bf2 & get whooped rathery frequently online"

Think its rediculous personally that they opted to leave this option out of BF2 when it was avaliable on 1942 & vietnam - Oh well.

Comment

Just load up a single player game and have the other person join your IP address.

Use your LAN IP if you're on a LAN, your WAN IP if they are over the internet.

Trust me, it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
              Just load up a single player game and have the other person join your IP address.

Trust me, it works.
              When I attempted the above my mates kept getting the message that the password they entered was incorrect, or words to that extent!!

I just loaded up & started a singleplayer game & my friends tried connecting through "connect to IP"

Guess we are doing something wrong ^ ^

Comment

Trust me, it works.
                what he said, I did this a few weeks ago and it worked fine.... no need to host a LAN game.

Comment

I have a feeling this only works if all players are connecting thru the internet (using their BF2 online account)?
                  When we tried to use the "connect to IP" option it didn't work - clicking on the button did nothing. I'm guessing that until there are servers populating the server list (which can only happen if you use your online account) then you can't use the connect to IP option. Try it and see - connect with your OFFLINE account (if you've created one) then see if the Connect to IP option works.
                  Cheers.

Trust me, it works.

Comment

By the way, did some work on this last night/today and can get all LAN players onto 64 player maps with bots, using the process most people know about (where you start a multiplayer - get everyone to 'see' your server but not join it, then you bang out and start a single player and the others click Join Server when you're into the single player game). Run the mod CO-OP 4, or BFSP64 (I haven't tried this mod yet, but since co-op 4 is so HARD - the bots are super deadly - I'm going to give it a go soon) to open up the single player maps to full size.
                    Once in single player, you can set up a maplist and change maps when you want, without having to go through the whole complicated process every map.
                    Worked pretty well....

Comment

So I'm also guessing that everybody that is trying to connect their own legal copy and unique/legitimate cd key?

Comment

The point was that there wasn't an internet connection for everyone sitting in the same room, otherwise it could be done that way (but why introduce more potential lag etc when everyone's connected via gigabit LAN?)
                        Have it sorted prety satisfactorily now, so until EA release a version that's more LAN friendly (and why would they at this still lucrative stage?) that's the way we'll do it.
                        Cheers.

So I'm also guessing that everybody that is trying to connect their own legal copy and unique/legitimate cd key?

Comment

I was wondering more about the original poster...

Comment

I do a bit of LAN gaming with bots, and haven't noticed a problem when using online vs offline accounts. I can guarantee that if the game host uses an offline profile, other game participants can join and it will work.

As has been mentioned, you can use Join IP from the Join Local page in the browser to join someone else's SP game, or the host can run that server emulator by Medic which will spoof a server entry into the client browser that can be used to join the game.

Comment

AHA - this is what I'm looking for! Where would I find the emulator by Medic?
                              Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Jashobeam
                              I do a bit of LAN gaming with bots, and haven't noticed a problem when using online vs offline accounts. I can guarantee that if the game host uses an offline profile, other game participants can join and it will work.

As has been mentioned, you can use Join IP from the Join Local page in the browser to join someone else's SP game, or the host can run that server emulator by Medic which will spoof a server entry into the client browser that can be used to join the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X