lag fixed %1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lag fixed %1000

allright dudes I finally fixed the problem. It was overheating CPU. I opened my case and noticed the heatsink was not spinning so I used my finger to get it started. then i noticed my temp go down from 65 to 40 and now games play smooth on any server. The reason i didn't bother checking the cpu heatsink fan is that this dumbfu*k technician that charged me $20 to check my pc told me the fan stops working once cpu temp is low!!!!!!!!!Anywho, I don't know why I have to use my finger to get the heatsink running; strange isn't it? I checked the BIOS and this is what I saw:
    "CPU fan on if CPUTemp >50C"
    "CPU fan Turn off if CPUTemp<25C"

Re: lag fixed %1000

I'd get another fan for it pronto if i were you, wouldnt want to run it like that for too long, sounds like its either blocked up with dust or the bearings are gone.

Comment

You got jacked $20!!!! Regardless of your CPU's temp, the fan will NEVER stop spinning!! If you have to use your finger to start it up, you're in trouble! I agree with UNDIESRULES! Get a new CPU cooler ASAP!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Kn0w
        You got jacked $20!!!! Regardless of your CPU's temp, the fan will NEVER stop spinning!! If you have to use your finger to start it up, you're in trouble! I agree with UNDIESRULES! Get a new CPU cooler ASAP!!

these 2 guys are absolutely right.... go to the guy who charged u 20 bucks, kick his ass & take it back & use that money to get a new heatsink (unless you get a really high end one, it should be 15-20 bucks)

Comment

What they said! ! ! New cpu fan is less than 50 bucks, new CPU around 300 bucks. Which do you wanna pay? . . . . Red

Comment

Computers are such tempermental creatures sometimes. How often have the most aggravating issues been solved by such simple means. Oh well, I guess you learn something every time you have a problem.

Comment

Whats a good temp for your pc to run at ? Mines currently runnting at 29 Degrees. Usually much lower in winter. My room also faces the sun.

Comment

my computer sits right in my window wich has a strong ass draft, and its 18*F outside right now lol, so my computer is constantly chillen.

but yea replace that fan, maybe a slightly bigger heatsink.

Comment

Originally posted by modifierLE
                  my computer sits right in my window wich has a strong ass draft, and its 18*F outside right now lol, so my computer is constantly chillen.

but yea replace that fan, maybe a slightly bigger heatsink.
                  how long is a heatsink supposed to last? i got it november 2004!!!!!!

Comment

lol heatsinks dont have expiration dates

all im saying is to help keep your computer as cool as possible, get a bigger heatsink with your fan, newegg.com and Tigerdirect sell alot of kits.

Also make sure your computer case cover is always on, never run a computer with its case open to the air, it defeats the purpose of the fans.

Comment

i had heat probs until i got the Zalman 7700 120mm.
                      but i found now a new prob all temps ar around
                      25/30 unload . 40/47 while playing bf2 only my vidcard is 60c

my oppion is get a Zalman CNPS7700-Alcu here in holland its 42.95 Euros
                      and its ultra quiet. and it Cools ur whole Systeem(not Vidcard)

Comment

ROFLMAOFFS ...............cook it baby!:banana: :banana: :yay: :rock: :box:

seriously get another computer its a time bomb!

Comment

Working...
                        X