No announcement yet.

How do you use SF weapons in BF2 games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you use SF weapons in BF2 games?

Last night I was playing on a few servers that where allowing BF2: SFs weapons to be used..

I just bought and installed BF2:SF and am not able to play regualr SF games and i cant SF weapons in BF2 servers..

I installed the 1.12 patch.. I am launching all games through the BF2/ SF server lists not using an outside party..

Am I mistaken about being able to use BF2SF weapons in BF2 ranked games?

Thanks guys,

Dave.

Re: How do you use SF weapons in BF2 games?

If you just browse the forum you would've found your answer...

You need to gain a rank to be able to unlock any SF weapon. I think you also need to play SF at least one round on a ranked server too.

Comment

You dont need to gain a rank to get the SF unlocks, it all depends on what rank he currently is AT.

You need to play one round of SF, than go back to vanilla BF2. When you start it up, it will automatically give you an unlock for each rank up you currently are at. I'm at Gunnery Seargent so I got 3 unlocks. From now on, I get 2 unlocks each rank I move up.

Comment

First, the only SF weapons you can use in plain BF2 are the new unlock weapons. Second, assuming your forum nick is the same as your BF2 account, you can't unlock them until you rank up because you aren't a Sergeant yet; when you reach Sergeant you will get 2 unlocks and 2 more each rank after that. Otherwise, what the others said is correct. People who were already Sergeant or above when they got SF got their extra unlocks immediately after playing a round. Third, I believe you can only unlock an SF weapon if you already have the BF2 unlock for that kit.

Based on your playing time with each kit so far I'd suggest getting the DAO-12 (AT kit) and the F2000 (Assault kit). Next choice would probably be G36C.

Comment

Thanks for your help!

I'll keep the suggestions in mind, and thank you for letting me know what and how I need things.

Sorry about not searching it.. I couldnt find the answer when I browsed the board rathe quickly earlier today... couldnt keep the lady friend waiting :laugh:

Thanks again.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
          X