does this happen to anybody else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does this happen to anybody else?

Here is my problem. I start my game up using the shortcut on my desktop for special forces. As I scroll through the available servers looking for a good game, and I happen to see a good lookin server that is playing the regular BF2, if I try to join, the game crashes. Same thing visa versa. If I start using the regulare BF2 shortcut and then see a special forces server I'm interested in joining, when I try to join - same crap - the game crashes. WTF? Is it supposed to be like this? If it is, that is pretty damn stupid.

Re: does this happen to anybody else?

I would use a game browsing program like ASE, or Qtracker.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

If you open SF, and click on a BF2 game, it will automatically close SF and open BF2 and vice versa.

Comment

Make sure there aren't any firewalls blocking your game.

Comment

firewall is turned off when I play. And, it doesn't close one and open the other. It looks like it TRIES to do that, but my screen just turns black and eventually I have to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out of it.

Comment

Thats wierd.I've never seen it before because usually it shuts one and opens the other.Next time you do it wait a while(when the black screen is on) because it is probably loading.Because it goes directly into the server instead of you logging in and all that stuff.So next time just wait 5 minutes and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by signa
              I would use a game browsing program like ASE, or Qtracker.
              how long does it take to login and get into the server after you click on it though?

Comment

Same exact thing happens to me man. It really sucks, but so does a lot of other stuff in this game I guess.

Comment

I've never had any problems with this and can generally be in a game and playing within 3 minutes.

Comment

I think your problem here is that SF closes down, then restarts BF2 but will automatically join the same server. Your system seems to be having trouble managing the memory. When BF2 shuts down, the RAM it uses is reduced slowly, it may be a problem with your swap file if you have a low amount of ram, with this game I mean 1Gb or less.

A friend of mine was getting BSOD – Blue Screen of Death and had to update his HDD drivers of all things. Try that. Also, take a look at the XP error, in the system to see what the hell went on!

Comment

Originally posted by RAF92_Warhawk
                      how long does it take to login and get into the server after you click on it though?
                      hm, well Qtracker now has the mod path for SF so you dont have to go through the whole restart thing. I havent timed it, but I would say its about 10-15 seconds before the game starts its mapload.
                      "Crunch's First Officer"
                      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Yeh I have that problem too, though it's probably the fact my hard drive needs a clean up.

Comment

I get a similar problem, but when my comp (eventually) makes the switch, I join the game with no rank or unlocks - and I'm a Gunnery Sgt FFS!

Just plain wierd.

Comment

Originally posted by VeNg3nCe^
                            If you open SF, and click on a BF2 game, it will automatically close SF and open BF2 and vice versa.
                            correct
                            just wait maybe a few seconds/minutes depening on how fast ur 'puter is and it'll load up

Comment

It probably is ram/page file that's causing the probs.

Comment

Working...
                              X