Map Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Request

I would like to request any of you mappers to make a training map for me.

Infantry training, multiple flags at various distances,25m 50m 75m 100m 150m
    Each flag would have an exploding barrel next to it, which would regenerate after 15-20 seconds. Also each flag area would have a small section of sandbags and a small section of destructable wooden fence.

Basically a flat open map, a few buildings in a seperate area from the range where building combat could take place, some sandbags, metal fences etc. Perhaps some shallow pits for people to lay in (not that important I don't think)

No vehicles necessary. Maybe a jeep or 2 at the central location.

Should be able to spawn at the flag points. But no ticket bleed, perhaps all flags uncappable? not sure if that is possible.

I would attempt to make this myself, but unfortunately the BF2 editor doesn't work with my 64bit o/s

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Map Request

Although I don't map (i might get into it soon with my new pc) I can answer this question:

Originally posted by BadLizzard
    Should be able to spawn at the flag points. But no ticket bleed, perhaps all flags uncappable? not sure if that is possible.
    Flags can be turned so they don't bleed the tickets.
    I believe you need at least one flag that is cappable, but almost all can be uncappable. You also need a mec spawn point (in a room somewhere were they can't get out)

This sounds like a really good idea - some thoughts:
    - Make more than one barrel (like a pile, lol)
    - Maybe not lock the MEC in a room so they can be target practice
    - Use the standard BF2 buildings - there no use training on a building you don't have in normal maps.
    - assualt course! (must include obligatory "crawl under wire fence while being shot over" routine)
    - Explosives area.
    - Vehicle Training Area
    - Helipad (it will look cool) with a BH.
    - Parachuting section.
    - Spawning MEC and PLA kit bags (not sure if this is possible) "Be familiar with the enemies weapons!"
    - Spawning tanks on the target range to fire rockets at.
    - Far range targets (500m+) for snipers.

nice idea with the barrels btw, will make "hit recognition" easier, as long as they blow up after one shot.
    but as I say, i'll definately look into it on my new pc (should be up and running this or defo next week) so if there a no takers, i'll take up the challenge. Nice and simple idea (for a simple mind like mine, lol.)

Comment

I figured the barrels would be great for nade launcher range practice. It would be cool if someone could put some of that stuff together I like some of your extra add-on idea's. ( I was hoping the simplicity would attract more mappers )

Comment

Well i wanted to do similar mod, but call it Battlefield 2 Deathmatch. I wanted the main focus to be on infantry/guns. One or two uncappable flags that everyone spawns too. Small arena like maps, where kills are what gets you points, along with supplies. If the maps are done right this could be one fun mod!

Comment

Working...
        X