"cli.exe"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "cli.exe"

I recently downloaded a new driver from www.ati.com. Now when ever I log on this comes up:

This might have something to do with my game crashing after each online round, but it seems it only crashes if I move my mouse around. Wtf is up with my machine???

Re: "cli.exe"

Start -> Run -> type "msconfig" -> Startup -> Unselect lines containing this "cli.exe"

then reboot and all is well

Comment

DO NOT deselect CLI.exe, you need this for your ATI driver to load!!!! Catalyst Control Centre from ATI requires .NET 1.1 for it to run. It sounds like you need to install (or your previous installation is corrupt) .NET 1.1. Go to Microsoft's downloads page to download it.

I've had this error before and it was because I forgot to install .NET. After I installed it, all was well!!! Let me know if this helped!

Comment

I don't run cli.exe and my system runs fine. Cli.exe is related to catalyst control center, not the driver itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Kn0w
          DO NOT deselect CLI.exe, you need this for your ATI driver to load!!!! Catalyst Control Centre from ATI requires .NET 1.1 for it to run. It sounds like you need to install (or your previous installation is corrupt) .NET 1.1. Go to Microsoft's downloads page to download it.

I've had this error before and it was because I forgot to install .NET. After I installed it, all was well!!! Let me know if this helped!
          ahum, you do NOT need this "cli.exe"
          it just uses needed resources on your computer

trust me, done this several times on different computers and it works 100%

and btw, (re)installing this .NET does not help either in some cases. :evil:

Comment

Yeah, but to implement any changes (force AA, AF, OVerdrive, etc), you need Catalyst Control Centre (now that ATI stopped offering the drivers with the regular Control Panel). I'm sure your computer will still "work" if you disable Catalyst Control Centre (cli.exe), but you will have no functionality to change any settings (other than screen resolution), therefore it is recommended that you try to get cli.exe working. .NET sounds like the culprit.

Plus Control Centre only eats up resources when actually open. When closed, it eats up minimal memory. The choice is yours!! I'm sure either way will work!

Comment

Wow, this forum is great, 2 problems solved for me in a week. Cheers guys who posted

Comment

Working...
              X