Crashes on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes on startup

For some reason ever since the 1.12 update battlefield 2 has been crashing. When I click the icon, the screen flickers black for a few seconds then just goes back to the desktop. It worked great up until I did the update. I am using a no cd option because I misplaced my cd, could this be causing my problem?

My system specs are :
    3.4ghz HT pentium 4
    1gig and a 256gig ram
    ati radeon mobility 9700 128mb (regular dell provided drivers)

I have tried deleting the folder in my documents folder along with some other things. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Thanks!

Re: Crashes on startup

try reloading the directX 9.0C drivers

Comment

The ***** may be the source of your problems, also you may also have problems playing online while using it. You may be out of luck if you can't find your CD/DVD for the game.

Have you tried closing all background programs by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and closing everything under you winxp username but not explorer or taskmgr?
      Alot of the time Background programs will cause the to crash.

Update your video drivers.

Unless you can get hold of another game disk you may be out of luck

Comment

I am having the same problem, but it started after i got a new monitor. I upgrated from a samtron 17" to a samsung 19" syncmaster 930b. I am having the same issue if i try to use my old monitor too. Driver issue?

Comment

A ***** crack will replace the bf2.exe file with another.

When you install the patch it expects to find the olf BF2.exe file but doesn't so it can't copy the new one to your drive and so it vrashes every time.

Put the original .exe file back and then repatch.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
            A ***** crack will replace the bf2.exe file with another.

When you install the patch it expects to find the olf BF2.exe file but doesn't so it can't copy the new one to your drive and so it vrashes every time.

Put the original .exe file back and then repatch.
            He doesn't have his game disk, thats why i said he would need it.

Comment

I found help on another thread. disregard my last post

Comment

mine does the same thing as nubbly's + i also had the punk buster problem some people have been having... (for PB try uninstalling BF2 SF and then BF2 and the ndeleting the registry keys of them and then re-install... works like magic )

50% of the time when i load up BF2 or BF2 SF i goes to that sub screen and then just doesnt open the game... and when it does work like _WM_ suggested, my online game crashes after 5 min of play! because of this my misc stats on www.bf2s.com shows my number of times kicked at 15!!

if anyone know what will fix this problem please tell me... and instead of using a ***** crack file, i suggest using a .iso of .bin file of the BF2 cd and using a program like Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% you open it with.. this way it doesnt replace your BF2.exe file...

ill its 1:18am in AUS so when i wake up in 6 hrs... :| ill try using Daemon Tools to see if it fixes the problem and post the results...

Comment

Yep, No cd should fix the problem. And it's 1 in Aus :evil:

Comment

Working...
                  X