Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you keeping an unlock for the next patch ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you keeping an unlock for the next patch ?

When I reached 20.000 pts I had two unlocks, 1 for BF2 and 1 for SF.

So I chose the G3 and for the other unlock I just keep clicking "Choose later" each time I login because maybe in the next patch there will be unlocks for AT and Sniper , so Im thinking getting a new unlock for the sniper because when im not US, I hate using SVD, TYpe 88 and the acurateless M95

Who else is thinking saving an unlock for the next patch?

Re: Are you keeping an unlock for the next patch ?

I am currently a First Sergeant and have all but two unlocks. When I reach Sergeant Major, I will get 2 more unlocks, allowing me to unlock the last two. The only rank after that is 2nd Lieutenant, which bears no unlocks.

It's been stated in a Dice interview (thanks MyIS) that the AT and Sniper are getting new unlocks. The only way they can justify this is by making it possible to get two more unlock points somehow. They might make 2nd Lt. give unlocks, or make earlier ranks give bonuses as well (earlier ones give 1, while later ones give 2 [SF only, before you ask]).

I'm not too worried.

~Salad

Comment

I agree with you salad............well said

Comment

If I had a choice I would save 2 unlocks till the patch is out, I like that entry sound anyway

Comment

I got promoted to Sergeant Major a few days before the patch was announced with the updates. So I was unaware of new unlocks and just picked the last 2, which I barely use.

I need 150000 to my next rank, which seems impossible so I really hope they'r not going to give 2nd Lt unlocks but give the lower ranks more unlocks

Comment

I'm betting that the patch will give us 2 *freebie* unlocks for the lower ranks in SF that didn't give any before.

Comment

Im actually keeping two unlocks until next patch.. I'm now 1.700 points away from 50.000 and I really don't play as an Spec Ops or Support so... And I think I don't have the guts or the time to play until 200000 for the last ?possible? unlock? So I'm waiting for the patch to bring me some new guns.

Seriosly.. there is no sense giving 2nd. Lt an unlock... I bet 90 % people won't get 200000 points ever.

My best guesses are these two:

1) They give free unlocks for those who are advanced enough (Sergeant Major - First Sergeant)

2) Some new ranks. Possibly somewhere at 100 k or lower.

Comment

Ugh. People, ya ain't thinking. There's already two ranks that don't give you unlocks in SF. Currently neither Lance Corporal or Corporal give SF unlocks.

Those rank unlocks will be the ones changed via the patch. Anyone over Sergeant will get 2 "free" unlocks after playing a round and scoring a point.
                Retroactive rewards. It's the way they have done it in the past and it's the way it'll get done in the future.

Comment

I wish EA would tell us what the new unlocks will be ie name the weapons.

I also wish they would answer the question that we are all speculating about which is how are they going to award these new unlocks ie new ranks or freebie whatever.

So EA /Dice if you are reading these forums how about a little help.

Comment

Originally posted by <EsP>Fury
                    I wish EA would tell us what the new unlocks will be ie name the weapons.

I also wish they would answer the question that we are all speculating about which is how are they going to award these new unlocks ie new ranks or freebie whatever.

So EA /Dice if you are reading these forums how about a little help.
                    Rather than giving any names.. give dates! :laugh: When is that patch coming out???!?!

I bet they will be something cool and powerful.. just like all the other SF unlocks.

Comment

If they make you get next rank for the new 2 unlocks - im screwed! I just got my last 2 unlocks to get everything last week and of course I used them.

Screw DICE/EA if they come out with some crap like that making me get 200,000 pts before I get another unlock.

Comment

Just have patients.It's like waiting for Christmas to come,It will eventually come.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                          Ugh. People, ya ain't thinking. There's already two ranks that don't give you unlocks in SF. Currently neither Lance Corporal or Corporal give SF unlocks.

Those rank unlocks will be the ones changed via the patch. Anyone over Sergeant will get 2 "free" unlocks after playing a round and scoring a point.
                          Retroactive rewards. It's the way they have done it in the past and it's the way it'll get done in the future.
                          Sounds good i just dont want to wait until 2007 to get the new unlocks since i just got Sgt Maj.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown-soldier
                            Who else is thinking saving an unlock for the next patch?
                            Oh yeah, I am for sure. I am at around 18300 points at the moment, when I reach 20k, I am hanging on to the unlocks untill the patch is out, and the new weapons revealed.

Anti tank is my second, ok maybe THE favorite kit that I play (other than engineer.) If there's another decent unlock (the DAO-12 rocks), awesome!

Comment

Working...
                            X