newbie in need of help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie in need of help

Just got bf2 and need the following intel-what patches do i need and how do i install them and in which order- How do i get rid of that annoying video. Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered. "Da Duck"

Re: newbie in need of help

http://www.battlefield2.com and download the 1.12 patch, the only one you need.

to remove the stupid intro-videos:

go to C:\games\battlefield2\mods\bf2\videos (or wherever you installed BF2) and remove, or rename the files. Some claim it helps with new patches if you keep them (I delete them though, saves space ^^).

Comment

The newest patch right now is 1.12. You can get it through torrents, EA's largeftp site, or any other provider (FileShack, FileFront, etc.). Many bf2 sites host it as well, just look around.

Here's what you need to do:

1) Install Battlefield 2
      2) Open BF2, create an account, set audio/visual/control settings, close BF2
      3) Install Special Forces (If you have it)
      4) Install the 1.12 Patch

Regarding the intro movies, do not delete them unless you NEED to save space on your harddrive. There's no telling whether or not they will be 'required' in a later patch. I recommend renaming the 'Movies' folder to 'Movies_bkp', and that will stop them from showing up, without deleting them. At any time in the future, name it back to get the movies to display again.

~Salad

Comment

Thanks men, appreciate the help!!!good hunting "Da Duck"

Comment

Working...
        X