6600GT 128 in SLI, Having problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6600GT 128 in SLI, Having problems

Hey don't really know what to do, I purchased a new mobo on Monday along with 2 6600gt's 128Mb. Put them in, and they seem to work in SLI. Only problem is when I run BF2 I get black spots and areas, eg a building won't be there it'll just be a black bit of the screen where it should be. Also the sound is very laggy, I get 50-60fps then all of a sudden it drops to 10-20 then back up. This is when I get the sound lag. Im running 81.95 drivers anyone else with 2 6600gt having this problem? Other specs:
    amd 64 3500+
    1024mb ram
    19" TFT
    KN1SLI Extreme Mobo
    Please help!

Re: 6600GT 128 in SLI, Having problems

Hi m8, i have a similar setup to you but have not had this problem i am relieved to say. I had some graphic problems, not that bad, with 81.95 drivers and now use 81.98 and they seem to be ok.
    There are also 82.12 beta drivers available to try as well.

Comment

I had the exact same problem as you with my gforce fx5800(dont laugh). I had two accounts open at the time and someone told me to clear my cache folder in my document bf2 folder. I did so and the shaders reoptimized and i worked fine until i played my other account, shaders optimized again for new profile and it all went to crap again. Try using only one account/profile and reoptimizing you shaders.

Comment

The sound problem could be due to not having a sound card. Do you have one? I believe onboard sound takes around 20-30% of CPU usage.

Comment

No I don't have a sound card, Does it really make that mush of a difference? Just about to try 82.12 drivers and see if they are any better.

Comment

Still got the laggy sound and poor fps. Not even playing all on medium, some low and @ 1280*1024@75hz. Help!

Comment

Working...
            X