Mic problem..not detected in setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic problem..not detected in setup

OK...i have the battlefield headset that came with the battlefield 2 preorder. i have used it many a time prior to now and it worked perfectly upon install. currently, to my dismay, it does not. i do not know when this happened since i havent used it for a while...i can record in windows sound recorder..and ive tried many options, but for some reason the battlecomm setup dosent detect the mic sound and neither does the ingame test. what is going on? ive used it before but now its not workin...

Re: Mic problem..not detected in setup

My soundcard (realtec) for some weird reason mutes the mic while in BF2 though it's fine before I start playing. Could you ALT-TAB out of BF2 and check that this isn't the case?

Comment

i have realtec also, and for some reason it wont pick the mic up in the battlecomm test, but it will work ingame. i just set the threshold to zero and people in game can hear me fine and the ingame test works. basically everything but the configuration tool seems to work now..

Comment

in the sound properties box the mute button only applies to you hearing the mic. so you actually want that to be muted, otherwise you hear your voice both in real life and through the headphones, since it ports all mic volume into the headphones. you can test by blowing in the mic. so yeah..

Comment

Working...
        X