Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you remove the EA and other ads at the begining of the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you remove the EA and other ads at the begining of the game?

How do you remove the EA and other ads at the begining of the game so you get in faster?

I couldent find this in the search, i did it once before but i forgot where the files are and which ones need to be deleted after i reformated and had to reinstall BF2. if someone could please show me the place these instructions are at or link the thread that would be great. Thanks

Re: How do you remove the EA and other ads at the begining of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by tk471138
      Yeah, but that's 1.) outdated, 2.) the hard way, and 3.) completely unnecessary.

To remove the intro movies (works for both BF2 and BF2:SF), just tack on a "+restart 1" to the desktop shortcut.

For example (your game directory will vary):

Code:
      "H:\games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart 1

Comment

Or just go to C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies\ and add an underscore "_" without the "" to the movies folder, very easy, quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Hudson
          Yeah, but that's 1.) outdated, 2.) the hard way, and 3.) completely unnecessary.

To remove the intro movies (works for both BF2 and BF2:SF), just tack on a "+restart 1" to the desktop shortcut.

For example (your game directory will vary):

Code:
          "H:\games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart 1
          Nice 1! :salute:

Comment

I still don't think the original question was answered. I read this as how do you remove the advertisements when you first log in. Not the intro movie - but once you are logged in - the add to buy SF, or the one saying the patch came out, etc.

I have been wondering that same thing. I never both with closing it or doing anything with it - I just click on multiplayer, then favs then join my server.

Comment

Speaking of getting in faster - if I know what server I want to join - I would think there would be a way I can put that info in as a tag on the executable. You know there has to be something out there, because if you are in vBF2 and doule click a SF server - it will shut you down, then restart SF, auto login, and then join the server.

Anyone know how to do this? Tweakguides does not have it, and I have not seen it listed here anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerStein
                I still don't think the original question was answered.
                Yeah, we did. His original question was about the logos, not that stupid "Message of the Day" thing introduced in the 1.03 patch. I don't think there is a way to remove that.

As far as connecting directly to a specific server via the command-line, yes, there is a parameter you can use to do that, but unfortunately, I don't remember what it is. Just spend a while search this forum as I have seen it posted before.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerStein
                  Speaking of getting in faster - if I know what server I want to join - I would think there would be a way I can put that info in as a tag on the executable. You know there has to be something out there, because if you are in vBF2 and doule click a SF server - it will shut you down, then restart SF, auto login, and then join the server.

Anyone know how to do this? Tweakguides does not have it, and I have not seen it listed here anywhere.
                  Well there is a way you get setup bf2 and a third party app called the all seeing eye so that you can browse for servers out of bf2 and launch straight into them. Rampage taught me how. PM me for details.

Comment

The most annoying thing about the MOTD is that when you play Special Forces, it tells you to go buy Special Forces. Um, duh... You'd think they'd customize that screen based on what you already have installed. Or anyways, call it what it really is - the Message of the Month.

Comment

Working...
                    X