Helpful knife tips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helpful knife tips!

The knife badge, for so long I felt as though it would allude me, and until recently it had. I am a terrible knifer, my aim for some reason has got to be the worst in the game when it comes to close quarters fighting like that. But I found that with some practice, and a large helping of stupidity dished out by the other team, I too could get the knife badge. I hope these tips help some of you. (I'm not a great knifer but I find that these tips helped me attain it, and maybe they'll help you.)

1. Don't try to fight every battle with the knife.
    At 10m an assault rifle will beat a knife, and most people's reactions to some crazed guy running around with a knife is to fill him with as many holes as possible before he reaches them. Better for you to fight pitched battles, sneak up on people, find players that are looking mainly in one direction(snipers, campers, commanders.)

2. Try to get a knife kill every round.
    While I know you need 7 kills to attain basic, and another 7 plus 50 for veteran, picking up a spare knife kill here and there will set you on the road to getting the knife badges, its great practice. Also if you get 50 overall kills with the knife badge, and you do get 7 knife kills IAR, you'll be awarded basic and veteran badges at the same time! Its much easier than trying to get 7 knife kills IAR twice.

3. You will die.
    You will die many, many times. I've snuck up on snipers and then suddenly be beaned by the guy as he suddenly turned around, its ok! It may be frustrating, but you've got to keep trying, you can do it!

4. Pick a good map.
    Well i figure this one is obvious. Dragon Valley, Zatar, Daging, Dalian:all tough maps to get the badge on, too many vehicles and large distances to cover. I got mine on Sharqi, I recommened you try the same or pick a similar map. Smaller maps, close quarter fighting, with the ability to run away and hide at a moments notice, if a chopper/tank/apc/jihad jeep rolls by.

5. Rambo kicks ass for a reason
    Well he does doesn't he? He runs around crazy as f*ck shooting the hell out of whatever he sees. This can work for the knife. Its very easy to become bewilderd in a large group of players as to whats going on. This is the perfect target for a knife player, large groups in small spaces. Now the group doesn't have to be huge, and while it can work with 1/2 guys, it works much better when there're many players who dont know much of whats going on. If you can get the jump on them and get into that group quickly, or unnoticed, you can easily dispatch them all with the knife. I for instance was attacking the TV station on Sharqi(MEC) and by the stairs were 4 prone enemy medics, and they were somehow holding my team up, probably nading them or something, so what did I do? I ran up jumped into their group and knifed all 4. Now lady luck must've been on my side because I didn't get shot a single time, its as if they didn't even notice me, and with practice they won't notice you.

6. Medic, Medic, Medic
    You're going to have to kick it by yourself if you want to get the knife badge, you're going to have to wander around alone. And the being a medic is the best way you're going to stay alive, because medics have the amazing ability to heal themselves, and you will need this skill to continue on your journey of stabbing people in the face and butt.

Thats all I can think of for now, can you guys add anything? I hope this makes getting the knife badge a little easier for some people

Re: Helpful knife tips!

we all the know the best way to do it is to grab a friend on a ranked server and find a hidden spot...duh

Comment

Originally posted by maskzilla
      we all the know the best way to do it is to grab a friend on a ranked server and find a hidden spot...duh

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by maskzilla

what a chump

Comment

EDIT: Just playing. There's so many knife guide/tips floating around, though I don't feel it's something you can really get advice on- Maybe I'm just the king of knifing and nothing else or something, I dunno. In any case this is a pretty nice guide. Good job!

Comment

Working...
          X