Anti-Aircraft class ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Aircraft class ?

this came up in another thread, but i thought id post this to see what others though on the subject

how many of us would be in favor of the additions of a new class, Anti-Aircraft. with handheld stingers in place of the AT missiles to try to help give the game better balance between the foot soldier and the aircraft above ?

not trying to start a P'ing contest here, just looking for genreal opinions

in my opinion the game is too weighted to the aircraft ... so i would be in favor

thoughts ?

Re: Anti-Aircraft class ?

Would be terrible, imagine if a team got on a carrier or camped at the airbase takeing the jets out before they even left the runway?

Comment

Originally posted by CommanderD
      Would be terrible, imagine if a team got on a carrier or camped at the airbase takeing the jets out before they even left the runway?
      Actually, I do this already. The AT rockets can destroy jets in one hit, so I just parachute onto the highest tower and stay prone until I see a gray jet icon disappear - then I pop up and fire. I usually get a few extra kills from the jet's explosion killing the other campers standing around it.

Alternatively, you can stand at the end of the runway on most maps and blast the jets as they takeoff. It's a straight shot.

As for the original topic - an AA class would accomplish nothing. AA missiles simply don't work, and saturating the map with more of them won't solve anything.

Comment

I said it so i think its a good idea i was thinking of it more for taking down helis but ok

Comment

They just need to improve the stationary and mobile AA stingers so they actually work.

Comment

if people wee camping to stop the jets, the other ground troops would have better firearms to stop them ... a thing called teamwork. suport or assault troops could likely take them out quickly once there were discovered, but it would add a new tactic to the game, another plus

Comment

Sure, might be fun, I dont foresee it to be any more effective, or popular, than an AA turret.

And I dont foresee myself ever being one.

Comment

IF an fixed or moving veihcles AA can't take a plane down what makes you think a soldier could?

Comment

improving the emplaced ones would also be nice, agreed

like i said, im not trying to neuter the aircraft, just gain some balance

Comment

same here

Comment

just think improving the current AA sites would be better, hate using them at the moment as my missiles always go off course and hit friendly craft.

Comment

the other issue with the smplaced ones seems to be they arent really well placed at times, and the pilots know exactly where they are ... a more mobil approach seems preferable..but yes they should be fixed as well

Comment

On Sharqi's Pensula, for instance, having an AA class would be great. There's nothing more annoying (and frustrating) than having a skilled pilot and gunner dominating the map, with the gunner taking everyone out and the pilot deftly maneuvering around buildings making AT rockets pretty much ineffective.

On the flipside, though, I concede that this is a biased opinion, and I would understand how the pilots out there would object to this new threat to their existence.

Comment

Bad Idea.. Been said before.. the AA missiles simply don't work. Well get better Stinger at next patch.. so maybe we continue this conversation after the patch if we have to??? I'm afraid for my chopper that we don't.

Remember BF2 is about those vehicles.. and in real life those jets pwn everything too.. altough they don't shoot infantry much.

Solution : Get a jet yourself and shoot other jets down if you "can" (Depending on your luck, unless ofcourse you do it with mg) :hmm:

Or.. play SF! No jets in SF altough there is a ribbon for jets. :laugh:

Comment

ive hrard that a couple times now ... "BF2 is about the vehicles" .. i think that ANY game shoud be about balance and fairness, not about one guy being able to dominate a map just because he figured out how to pilot when others hadnt yet

Comment

Working...
                              X