Failing to access an online account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failing to access an online account

Hi, this is probably a simple problem but i'll go through what happened.
    i was playing BF2 online on a fav server, and suddenly my game crashed and i was returned to desktop when i restarted BF2 my account name (which is ussually online) was not, also my username that appears next to online/offline status has disappeared. it still seems to be a functioning account, i can still play single player on it, i just can't get online
    I'm new to BF2 so fixing the problem isn't my forte, and the offical EA support is and always has been ussless.

sorry if this is a simple thing i'm missing, but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Failing to access an online account

I don't understand what you mean by...

> BF2 my account name (which is usually online)

When you first opened the account login screen after the crash yoor normal login nick was there but it was marked offline rather than online? Did you have an offline account before the crash?

You could just delete the profiles folder in /my docs/bf2/ and use the 'retrive account' option in the login screen to 'redownload' your BF2 login.

Comment

Hey, sorry if i wasn't very clear.

on the login screen, the account i select to play is the one that says "online" and then my nickname next to it, but after the crash it says offline, and i can't get it to go online.

I deleted to profiles folder, and tryed to retrive a pre-existing account but it wont accept my password, i've tryed all possible passwords i've used for anything else, in lower and upper case with spaces and without, it still wont accept it. i went to "forgotten password" and it gave me a link to gamespy i entered my email address and it gave me a password, i tryed that and it didnt work either. I'm still stumped anyone got any more ideas?

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Thanks.

Comment

Last week there was a Gamespy server crash. When you tried to connect with an online account it froze for a while and then gave up trying to connect and brought you to the normal BF2 menu but the normally online nick had become [/i]offline[i] instead.

What happens if you create a new online account?

Comment

i'm sure i could make another account, but i'd rather have my old account, creating another one is my last resort if i can't get old old one back

Comment

Go ahead and create another account, your old one will still be there. But see if that will work, if it doesn't then there is another problem.

Comment

Working...
            X