Patch order in stalling SF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch order in stalling SF?

Is there a specific order to the installation of the Special Forces ?

I have my new dvdrom in my hand, do i just install it over the top of the 1.03 update and the 1.12 server patch? Or should i uninstall and start fresh?

I dont wanna bugger this up, so does anybody know if it will work properly if i install SF ontop of the patches?

Re: Patch order in stalling SF?

Either. You can go from you 1.03 BF2 installation to BF2:SF and then the 1.12 patch, or you can start a fresh and go BF2 (No patches required) -> BF2:SF -> Patch 1.12.

Comment

Great - how do i uninsatll 1.12? Just run the .exe again?

Then install SF, then put 1.12 back again right?

Comment

nope, running the .exe re-installs .....

Comment

If you've already installed 1.12 before SF, just install SF and then install 1.12 again, no need to uninstall 1.12 (don't think you can).

Comment

Great cheers matey

Comment

Re: Patch order installing SF?

Originally posted by Quiks!|ver
              Is there a specific order to the installation of the Special Forces ?

I have my new dvdrom in my hand, do i just install it over the top of the 1.03 update and the 1.12 server patch? Or should i uninstall and start fresh?

I dont wanna bugger this up, so does anybody know if it will work properly if i install SF ontop of the patches?
              Dude, don't uninstall the patch. I had 1.12, i just installed SF overtop, then u need to install 1.12 agian, then ur playing.

Comment

all sorted - i did as suggested, installed SF ontop, then re-installed 1.12. No probs, although i have been dumped back on the desktop a couple of times when trying to join a server? Hopefully nothing tho.

Comment

Working...
                X