Hard drive failure....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard drive failure....

My hard drive failed on Fri. and my downloaded copy of SF is on it. I'm still working to fix the drive or at least gather info off of it. Since I already have a new drive, has anyone had to get another download from EA for something similar? Thanks.....

Re: Hard drive failure....

I'm pretty sure that you can redownload it aslong as you have proof of you buying it.

Comment

I would hope you could download as often as you wanted.

This is one reason I am glad I bought the hard copy. I knew eventually I would be getting a new gaming rig anyway.

Comment

You can redownload it.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerStein
          I would hope you could download as often as you wanted.

This is one reason I am glad I bought the hard copy. I knew eventually I would be getting a new gaming rig anyway.
          Yeah I'm thinking about skipping the download and getting the hard-copy, but they already got my money once! Bastards

Comment

You can re-download as many times as you want as long as you have an account set up and the EA downloader software. You just can't run it on more than one computer. I have already re-downloaded the Special Forces pack twice, once due to reformatting, and once due to building a whole new machine. It sucks to have to wait an hour and a half for it to download, but I think the EA Downloader system is actually quite good. Expect to see a lot more PC software being handled this way, since a lot of the game stores are slowly taking PC games off of their shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by DV8 Bucket
              My hard drive failed on Fri. and my downloaded copy of SF is on it. I'm still working to fix the drive or at least gather info off of it. Since I already have a new drive, has anyone had to get another download from EA for something similar? Thanks.....
              I have a second hard drive for back up. I had a failure last week on my primary drive. Once I installed the new drive I copied over my BF2 folder (along with SF) overwriting my new install of BF2. That seemed to work for me. As far as the download, if you log in the EA auto downloader, it will automatically detect, and you can download it again.

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

why not DL then burn it to disc?

Comment

Cause it installs through ea, and it is like 800mb, nice and too big for disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Toker
                      why not DL then burn it to disc?
                      Iwas going to ask if anyone has been able to copy SF to a DVD and been able to re-install it sucessfully without having to re-download it again. I don't want to have download a 1gig file again for when I format and re-install it.

Worse decision I ever made was to download SF. Not only did it cost me the full price $30US, you obviously miss out on the CD, manual (not that the manuals are any good) case etc. They should have had a reduced price if you download it as it doesn't cost them the same for having the bought retail hard copy.

The other question is how long will SF be available to download? We all know they have a habit of removing software/servers after about a year to make you buy the new version of a game.

Comment

Working...
                      X