Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, experiencing lag!

Hi everyone,
    it's been about 2 months now since I've played BF2, the 1.03 patch stopped me from playing because I couldn't connect to a server without lag, even a local one. I've done everything in that one thread "Are you having problems with BF2" or whatever that says to reinstall PB, the patch and all the reboots and all that jazz. I purchased the SF expansion hoping that EA would have cleared up any issues like these with the 1.12 patch and because I wanted that expansion as well. Well, even after I had done that, I still get nothing but 800 laggy servers. Someone mentioned connecting through gamespy, still doesn't help me. I've just updated my Nvidia drivers hoping maybe that might even have a fix of some kind, but no, I still cannot seem to be able to find a server that has no lag. Even when I join the game, it really is laggy for me, I had thought maybe the pings were false. I've done everything I can think of, firewalls and virus scans disabled, caches cleared, the game resinstalled, the patch reinstalled, the punk buster reinstalled. I have a lot of other games I play online and this is the only one that gives me any grief and it started after the 1.03 patch and has continued since. I'm even running the current version of DX 9.0c. System specs are AMD Athlon 64 3200, WinXP, 1gb ram, NVidia GeForce 6800GT, cable connection. Again, all firewalls/virus scans disabled and I have attempted to reinstall everything, multiple times...complete reinstalls I might add...it's painstaking. I just want to know if anyone has had this problem and actually found a way out of it because I miss playing this game and I hate to think I wasted $90.00 for something I can't play again because some under paid programers at EA screwed it up Thanks for the help in advance, if any.

Re: Help, experiencing lag!

bf2lag.b0x.com

Comment

i tried that site, its kind of messed.

most of those tweaks do nothing, and some cn hurt performance. wait for more replies id say.

Comment

We all expereince some lag unless you ahve a godbox computer...Anyways,
        Thye offer several tweaks and advice. Make sure you ahve done the basics:
        Shut down the services you dont need. (backgrond stuff)
        Shut down antivirus stuff
        Install new drivers for your videocard
        update your motherboard bios
        make sure that you defrag your hd regularly
        etc.
        etc.
        etc.

Comment

I got double lag with patch 1.12 and i only play on certain servers that dont usually kick for high pings like EA officials. In game i dont get any lag but my ping shows 200-350 and sometimes jumps up to 450 for a while but then gets again 150-200. I noticed that lag occured also by installing SF and what i have read about the upcoming patch, something they might do to fix it, not sure.

Comment

Working...
          X