Can I...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I...?

Hi there, I was just wandering if my computer could play BF2. The specs are Intel P4, 1GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce FX5500 GPU, 40gig HDD, Soundblaster sound card, DVD drive. I know the graphics cards not great, but a mate said it should be alright on low settings.

Cheers guys.

Re: Can I...?

On low settings MAYBE, THE MIN SUPORTED GRAPHICS CARD IS A 5700

Comment

See http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...ghlight=FX5500

Comment

You video will not handle it. Your low cost alternative is pick up a 6800 for a lil over $100 - which is what I did. I have to play on all low settings. Buddy with 6800GT plays on high - but he paid $100 more for his card.

Comment

You should be able to play BF2 on all high if you get the 6800GS

Comment

cheers guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx
              cheers guys.
              wtf are u talking about???

Comment

Originally posted by qwero
                wtf are u talking about???
                He is the OP. I think he is saying thanks for all the info...

Comment

yeah. So some of u are saying that i can on low settings and others say no. That link shows people who say that it works with their 5500. Should I download the demo and see if that works?

Comment

Cheers guys... LOL:rofl: ive never heard anything funnier then that. But i had the ATI Radeon X800, i believe it was that piece of **** that i had running on my pc, the settings were somewhat low, not all the way low. Though, half way into the game mostly all the graphics turned black and got all f^. So, i did the smartest thing i could and bought the Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX (jelouse much?! you better be):yay: ... "cheers guys". AND NOW, YES NOW, I RUN THIS BABY ON MAX EVERYTHING. Boy do i love my BF2. Especially with its awsome ASSSH kicking pwnza elite ubb3r F@Tn3S5, so do ur self a huge favor and buy this video card or get the piece of cr@p 6800 and buy a new video card in less then 2 years. But hey, what ever floats ur boat on the battlefield will do

See you on the battlefield SOLDIER. :salute: :ar15: :dead: :guns:

Look me up on BF2
                    Name: Acentric

PS: The video card is like a candy of pure sweetness for a fat kid on lollerblades, yes, lollerblades

Comment

i was only being friendly. I don't know anyone here, I usually play Novalogics Joint Op's and Black Hawk Down.

Comment

LOL dont wry man that card will do fine, so go buy it, and Battlefield 2 will be ur best friend for a good time. Its one sweet game. So yes U Can...!

Comment

Originally posted by BeerStein
                          You video will not handle it. Your low cost alternative is pick up a 6800 for a lil over $100 - which is what I did. I have to play on all low settings. Buddy with 6800GT plays on high - but he paid $100 more for his card.

aww crap i got a 6600 for 125 a few months ago and now you say a 6800 is around 100, sigh.

Comment

and for get about Black Hawk Down, you'll be flying those babys all over maps and getting ur Black Hawk Downed by enemy stingers or Jets wizzing and woozing towards u like mad **tch3s. Battlefield 2 has to be the BEST AND I MEAN BEST game ever made. I use to play SOCOM II, until SOCOM 3 came out and was a piece of cr@p. Part two was ok but playing it for 2 years got boring, i wanted something more, so i got BF2 and this has made my days worth wild

Look me up on the Battlefield getting pwned or pwning noobs,
                            Name: Acentric

Comment

Originally posted by razor
                              aww crap i got a 6600 for 125 a few months ago and now you say a 6800 is around 100, sigh.
                              i think he meant 6600

Comment

Working...
                              X