Upgrading Ranks to First Sergeant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Ranks to First Sergeant

I was just wondering if I have the Veteran Knife Badge and not the Basic one can I still upgrade to that one or does it have to be Basic Knife Badge?

Re: Upgrading Ranks to First Sergeant

You need all basic badges.

Comment

If you have the veteran badge than you have also aquired the basic so you are all set ma man.
      Hope you like your new rank , just got my sgt. Major and i am very happy.

Comment

Thank you guys! I was really worried that I got my veteran badge. Thanks!!!

Comment

Weren't there players who haden't got the rank of first sergeant because they got the veteran knifebadge the same time they got the basic knife badge?

Comment

When the 1.03 patch came out a lot of us that had being playing the game for several months all jumped up in rank, some by up to 3 ranks or more.

It was possible at the time to have a veteran badge without having earned the basic badge first.

Those with this 'problem' weren't promoted to First Sergeant. EA fixed the problem AFAIK about 3 days later by giving people that had expert/vet badges the basic one also. So the only people to not get promoted when they should have been were those that got promoted just after the 1.03 patch was released. I don't think it should effect you now.

Comment

I know of people that got the basic and vet knife badge at the same time and still dont have the basic in 1.12 :$. Are you saying that they should have had it with this 3 day later fix?

Comment

Originally posted by G_Gear
                I was just wondering if I have the Veteran Knife Badge and not the Basic one can I still upgrade to that one or does it have to be Basic Knife Badge?
                Hi G_Gear,

I opened a thread on this recently, I earned Basic and veteran knife in the same instance

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47956

I think the experiences of a couple of contributors to that thread have put my mind at rest. Now that the xmas and new years celebrations are over I hope to acquire my First Sergeant tonight with a little time on my hands.

Comment

yah I got screwed--didn't have the basic knife oh well

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs
                    I know of people that got the basic and vet knife badge at the same time and still dont have the basic in 1.12 :$. Are you saying that they should have had it with this 3 day later fix?

Nope, if you installed the 1.03 patch and didn't have all the basic badges and *should* have been promoted to First S but weren't...Well it's too late now. EA fixed this 3 days after the patch for all those who ranked up from that point onwards but the fix didn't apply to those that had already lost out.

It got a LOT of attention on these forums but most people dismissed it in the end because it didn't mean anyone missed out on an unlock, just an extra stripe.

Comment

I was also one of the guys thay got screwed. I however reearned my basic pistol badge (which was the one I got at the same time), so I at least can get Sgt major. I reearned it through one of those servers that when you join, it doesn't recongnize your rank so it sees you as a private. If that ever happens, lol, you can go about reearning a lot of basic badges.

Comment

Working...
                      X