what should my 3500+ be at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should my 3500+ be at?

I have my 3500+ completly not overclocked.

I have stock cooling so does anyone know how high i should put it with out frying it and it being stable.

Re: what should my 3500+ be at?

It depends, each CPU is diffrent. Just keep raising it 5mhz each time until you have problems, then back it off.

Comment

whats the max temp it should go?

Comment

Let's see here, the AMD 64 Athlon 3500+ is socket 939, or 754. According to your mobo it's a socket 939. The Stock Cooler is very good comapred to the old Barton coolers, but don't thing it's the best. THe CPU WILL BE FIND UP TO 65-70 C but be safe and make sure it goes up
        no more then 50 C. GOOD COOLER is the Artic Freezer 64. Check your case for good airflow.

The AMD 64 3500+ Probably will go up to 2.5 GHz fine but depending on memory might not.

I have a DFI board so I learned mostly from guys from DFI. Good Starter read to ocing is
        hxxp://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28049&highlight=Overclocking+GUid e
        Also Read This

Steve, and Good Luck

I have a AMD 64 Socket 939 Winchester 3000 @ 2.6 stable, but it can go up to 3 GHz fine. :laugh: Just dont need the extra power.

Comment

You don't want the temps to go over 60C, not 65-70C. Obviously the lower the better. There's no certain speed you can OC to. It's whatever you can get out of it. It all depends on your RAM, PSU, and mobo. Check out some overclocking specific forums for more info.

Comment

Read My Links

Comment

Working...
            X