Bugs with MI-28 chopper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs with MI-28 chopper?

1) the usmc chopper spawns at least twice as fast as the mec. I've collided with choppers before and I get hit with a missile the next time before I even get my heli off the ground.

2)
    The guided missile on the mi-28 works somewhat at best and doesn't work at all at worst. On sharqi, I was getting bored so I parked my mi28 on a mountain and started firing missiles across the map. The missile sometimes responds to a click but sometimes it just flies straight in to the sky no matter how many times i click or where i click on the screen. I stole the cobra and tried the same thing and guess what, the cobra missile will turn on a dime no matter how often you click.

My question is, are these bugs or intentional design? I'd like to know how mec gunner aces deal with #2.

Re: Bugs with MI-28 chopper?

1) Never noticed that, I'm sure they have the same spawn time and you just got hit by another helicopter that was up in the air. Some maps can have 2 Attack copters for each side up at once.

2) The Mi-28 gunner's TV missle IS less manueverable than the Cobra's. That was intentional, to somewhat match the real-life characteristics of each respective helicopter. I Mi-28 is MY baby though. The gun with its exploading shells and "splash damage" is a wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by WhardieJones
      1) the usmc chopper spawns at least twice as fast as the mec. I've collided with choppers before and I get hit with a missile the next time before I even get my heli off the ground.

2)
      The guided missile on the mi-28 works somewhat at best and doesn't work at all at worst. On sharqi, I was getting bored so I parked my mi28 on a mountain and started firing missiles across the map. The missile sometimes responds to a click but sometimes it just flies straight in to the sky no matter how many times i click or where i click on the screen. I stole the cobra and tried the same thing and guess what, the cobra missile will turn on a dime no matter how often you click.

My question is, are these bugs or intentional design? I'd like to know how mec gunner aces deal with #2.

#1.. this was Sharqi correct? All the US chopper pilot has to do is tilt his nose upward, while still on the top of TV station, and his gunner can fire a TV guide towards the MEC chopper spawn and blow it up.

#2.. I don't think the MEC TV guide was made that way intentionally. I think that's a bug that is being addressed.

Comment

its not becuase its "less" maneuverable, its just that when you click on an empty space, such the sky it will not turn, but if you click on land, it will. Try it. Try to guide the missile upwards to the sky, it won't let you. But if you guide it to the ground its just as maneuverable as the Cobra's.

I guess a better explanation would be if the crosshar is not pointed on a object, such as ground or building, something static, it will not change direction.

Comment

well im glad that the tv even responds for yall, whenever i try to shoot a chopper down i wont respond to my clicking until its to late and it just flies away. and i agree with the guy who said he like the mi-28's cannon.That thing rocks you can kill people so easily with it compared to the other 2.

Comment

Originally posted by WhardieJones

Maps like dragon valley 64 have 2 choppers on each side.

Comment

mi 28 is just like J10 in dogfighting.

Comment

Mi-28 rox

Comment

I also like the Mi 34 Hind gunship, much better than the apache.

Comment

Mi-24 Hind.

And how in Any respective is the Hind better. It just is so unmaneuverable. Feels so clumsy when flying it.

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
                      Mi-24 Hind.

And how in Any respective is the Hind better. It just is so unmaneuverable. Feels so clumsy when flying it.
                      Mi-34 is a replacement for Mi-24 and it is also called Hind. I like it better because it's weapons are more powerful.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong,but MI-34 is a training and aerobatic competition helicopter,and it's called Hermit.

Comment

Originally posted by =Yes=Overkill
                          Correct me if I'm wrong,but MI-34 is a training and aerobatic competition helicopter,and it's called Hermit.
                          yes u are correct m8 the mi-34 is a small training chopper

Comment

Spawn times are the same - the reason you get TV'd on Sharqi is because the cobra pilot can get a shot off at you before he even lifts off the pad. You have to get up in the air just a bit, but really get your nose up before you can hit him on the pad.

The idea of clicking on the sky not changing the trajectory of the missle makes perfect sense - since you are not able to "paint" the target with the lazer.

Maybe this is why there has beenn such a ddifference since the last patch.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerStein
                              The idea of clicking on the sky not changing the trajectory of the missle makes perfect sense - since you are not able to "paint" the target with the lazer.
                              Man...we are talking about TV guided missle,not a Laser guided.

Comment

Working...
                              X