Winamp controller in BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp controller in BF2

Is there a program that can be used to control Winamp or any music player once inside BF2? Because sometimes my **** gets ****ed up when I'm alt-tabbing.

Re: Winamp controller in BF2

get a multimedia keyboard.

Comment

Yup.
      But you very much want to avoid it.
      Some dillhole made a winamp plug in for BF2 that was a cover for a hack package. Now if you use a winamp controller while playing BF2, you may end up being hardware banned from all punkbuster enabled games.

Comment

if I recall correctly there used to be one, that, the maker claims, when injected into BF2, PB wont ban you because its supposed to be "not a hack" and "pb understands this"

unfortunately lots people DID get baned for using the program, and I never heard of it again.

Comment

Hm, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetMetalForever
            Is there a program that can be used to control Winamp or any music player once inside BF2? Because sometimes my **** gets ****ed up when I'm alt-tabbing.
            I was looking for the same kind of util as you and I ended up in this thread, found no luck here. But I found CounterAmp when I continued googling. I've tested it a quickie in Single player in BF2 and it works fine for me. I'm using Winamp 5.2 btw.

Comment

like x0pht said....just get a keyboard that has media player controls on it....much easier....theyre not that expensive either....most new keyboards have them.

Comment

Originally posted by 0wned_by_a_girl
                like x0pht said....just get a keyboard that has media player controls on it....much easier....theyre not that expensive either....most new keyboards have them.
                I agree that a keyboard or some other hardware device that can act as a remote control for winamp would be an option, but I don't like keyboards with lots of bells 'n' whistles, so for me, the prefered solution is a software based one.

Comment

Working...
                X