Littlebirds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Littlebirds...

Hey guys, it's my first post here, so hola everyone. I'm usually on here everyday though just reading posts. One thing I havent seen come up (or maybe I just missed it?) is the lack of "littlebirds" in BF2. You remember in Desert Combat the small black transport helo's with two cannons? I think those things would be perfect in BF2, and would make things more challenging in maps such as wake. Their fast quick, and with the right pilot devastating to enemy ground forces. I was very dissapointed when I learned there was no littlebird in BF2, but I was hoping to see it in special forces. But as my luck would have it, no littlebird. Anyone else miss those things? Just kinda a rant. Wondering if I was the only one out there who is dying to fly the littlebirds again.

Re: Littlebirds...

theyre called "Black Hawk" and are on most any map with USMC (except karkand and Sharqui)

Comment

There is a light transport chopper called the Little Bird.
      http://images.google.com/images?sour...rd&sa=N&tab=wi

Comment

Littlebirds they look like so on DC..Ahh the good ole days

Comment

Originally posted by Sin317
          theyre called "Black Hawk" and are on most any map with USMC (except karkand and Sharqui)
          Littlebirds are faster, more manueverable, and more devastating for capturing flags when loaded. Fly in quick jump out and defend.

Comment

The Project Reality Mini Mod crew are releasing one in there next version.

Comment

They already HAVE released their Little Bird.

It was released in their first/second minimod. Quite a joy to fly in. You can load it up with soldiers and have them sitting on the landing skids.

Comment

Perhaps they will be in the new mini expansions....

Comment

Littlebirds are faster, more manueverable, and more devastating for capturing flags when loaded. Fly in quick jump out and defend.
                  So you are proposing a new, more efficent toy for flag hoppers?

Gee lets all turn BF2 from a shooting combat game to a "who can get around fastest" game.

Comment

Originally posted by iewgnem
                    So you are proposing a new, more efficent toy for flag hoppers?

Gee lets all turn BF2 from a shooting combat game to a "who can get around fastest" game.
                    Wasnt too much of an issue in DC. And I feel it would make the battles more intense.

Comment

more intense? I dont know but I find everyone hopping around the map, moving from one flag to the next wihtout defending it, a bit, lack in intensity.

I would rather fight, rather than drive from one flag to the next, capping it, losing it, then capping it again.

Comment

twistedgoat.

You wouldn't be the same twistedgoat that was on our Wake server last night are you?

Comment

I reckon the ideas got merit, IF you can get people to defend a bit more. But, the bloody thing wouldnt, couldnt, be armoured like a tank, so if it was weak as p!ss and easy to shoot down, you get a bunch of easy kills!

Comment

wow they had those in desert combat!!??! LOL j/k yeah tjhose things were pretty hardcore hell they had a differant varient of that in vietnam, i remember people always fighting over it just to die 5 seconds later, nice little speeder it is.
                            btw welcome to the forums. hope you enjoy your stay here.

Comment

I wish we had a littlebird. 2 rotary cannons I believe would devastate ground forces if they popped out. Then again, the littlebird doesn't have alot of armor so an AT rocket would most likely kill the crew on board or just blow up. Also, if they do make a littlebird, put a custom horn on it so when you fly it, everyone will hear the funniest battle cry ever. I would sound that for every guy I kill with that whirly bird.

Comment

Working...
                              X