graphics problem with map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphics problem with map

For the last month or so everytime I look towards the middle of the map my fps will drop down to like 5 or so. It so fustrating because i can't hardly move and turn away from the middle of the map. Even if I am in a building and looking towards the middle of the map I will still lag! In BF2 I cant get higher than like 35fps even if I turn my graphics down to low. It seems like my system is capping my fps.

PLEASE HELP ME! My specs are in my sig...

Re: graphics problem with map

well, your ram isnt too bad, and your gfx card is alright. Im not too good on the bf2 support problems like this, but if I had any guess at all it would be your processer is bottlenecking you a lot. Its kind of old. But other than that I have no idea, I mean there are a bunch of things I could recommend like degfragging etc. but Ill leave it to professionals .

Comment

already defragged...updated bios....

Comment

i've also did spyware searches and I still have problems...can anyone help me?

Comment

You have a kinda weak computer. Maybe it's time for an upgrade.

Comment

its sounds like the same problem i am having.. are you using onboard sound?

Comment

yeah i got onboard sound (ac97)

Comment

well thats your problem... the same as mine. i have got AC97 onboard sound and get exacly the same problem. try disabling the onboard sound then run the game and see if it still happens.....obviously you wont have any sound but when i do this the runs perfectly..

so it looks like me and you need a new sound card as that appears to be the only way around this

Comment

Originally posted by SgT.uK
                  well thats your problem... the same as mine. i have got AC97 onboard sound and get exacly the same problem. try disabling the onboard sound then run the game and see if it still happens.
                  ????i have cheap sound card and sound on my motherboard would sound on my mother board be effecting my game play at all?

Comment

yes i think so.. im no computer expert but ive recently bought a new mother board and this is when the problem came. i could run fine on my old mobos onboard sound but with this AC97 i lag like hell.... i disabled the sound completly and ran the game and it runs perfect.

Comment

where did you disable it? in the bios or directx settings??

Comment

Working...
                      X