hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardware

um i recently got 512 x2 kingston rams 184 pins and a new video card, and i want to add the ram to my existant 2x256 rams already on my mboard. so wat i need to do to configure it to work? and work properly? and if i wanna install my videocard, wat is the thing that i gota do , like grond my self orsomething and like ues a device too take out the electrical charge in my card orsomething? or like prevent it to fry itself and parts attaching to it? thanks help, im so noob.

Re: hardware

Just make sure you turn off the computer, you can even unplug it if you want. Then before you touch anything inside your case, be sure to touch the case just in case you have static electricity in you. When installing the memory, make sure you have it lined up right. There is a slot in the memory stick, line it up with the mobo. Then just push them in at the ends. They will pop into place and the tags on the sides will snap shut holding them in.
    For the video card, theres a tab on the right side holding apg card in place. Push down on it to release it. If there's a screw holding the end of the vid card to the case, unscrew it. Then with steady pressure, pull it out. Insert the new one the same way. Also, if there's a cable connected to the vid card, unplug it first. And if you need to plug a cable into the new one, find an empty molex connector to plug it into.

Comment

ok thanks, i got everything good now, but i have 1 problem, my 6800gt needs 350 watt for power, but my psu is max 250 watt, wat will happen if i try to run bf2 on it? will it short circuit my pc and fry everything? or will it just reboot my pc if i try, anyways, if i try it, will it damage the parts of my pc? thanks

Comment

Yes it can damage your PC if you have a insufficent PSU.

Comment

No you can not damaged your computer from not enough power. This was a big discussion on another oc forums I'm on. The only thing that will happen is your computer will constantly reboot or hang. You should really upgrade your PSU.

Comment

I have a Antec 230w that runs with a 6600. It depends on the quality, really. What brand is your power supply unit?

Comment

Working...
            X