New Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Router

I bought a D-Link Ethernet router today since i already have 3 computers on the same ISP. The setup went fine and all my question is on my computer a new connection popped up called internet gateway. What is it and do i need it?

Re: New Router

Yeah, you need it. It is what your comuter uses to get to the internet.

Comment

Do i need to open any ports on that router since it has a built in firewall or just open ports on my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by DieFledermaus
        Do i need to open any ports on that router since it has a built in firewall or just open ports on my computer.
        If your running a game then you have to open all the ports for the game. Also you have designate which computer will be getting the traffic, so when people log into the IP, it doesnt get blocked because you didn't tell the router where the game traffic is supposed to go. The router firewall is better than the Windows firewall. You can leave the other firewalls on the other computers up. But I would leave the firewall down on the computer hosting the game. If your just joining servers, don't worry about either.

Comment

So do you not need to open anyports on the router if you are just playing?

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
              X