Server Global Weaspon Unlocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Global Weaspon Unlocks

I tried to find this in the forums, but couldn't find it directly answered (lots of conflicting opinions etc) and lots of too long threads!

Are global weapon unlocks allowed on non-ranked servers? Does EA forbid this now?

Global Unlocks = All weapons available to all users irregardless of their rank or what weapons they have unlocked

Thanks!

Re: Server Global Weaspon Unlocks

Yah I believe its allowed on nonranked servers.

Comment

Originally posted by theguy
      Yah I believe its allowed on nonranked servers.
      Thanks for the response. Do you have any authorative reference? My favorite server group believes it is not allowed...

Comment

You can run a unranked server the way you think is good.
        EA doesnt have control over that....yet

Comment

You just need to make sure that "Allow global unlocks" is turned on, on the unranked server, then you have all your unlocks.

Tell them to look for this line in the serversettings.con sv.useGlobalUnlocks 1 The 1 at the end turns it on 0 turns it off.

Comment

on unranked servers you may have global unlocks..

Comment

This group (tacticalgamers.com) said that if the enable global unlocks (i.e. all weapons available to everyone), EA will remove them from the server browser listing?

So this is not true?

Comment

no it is not true

Comment

Does that include the special forces unlocks?

Comment

All unlocks BF2 or SF are fine to use in an unranked server.

Comment

Originally posted by lbgspam
                      This group (tacticalgamers.com) said that if the enable global unlocks (i.e. all weapons available to everyone), EA will remove them from the server browser listing?

So this is not true?
                      You will get delisted for enabling all unlocks for everyone. Enabling global unlocks gives everyone the unlocks they have unlocked in game, not ALL of them. Enabling ALL of them involved modifying the way the server querries the bf2web server, and is grounds for getting you delisted.

~Salad

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
                        You will get delisted for enabling all unlocks for everyone. Enabling global unlocks gives everyone the unlocks they have unlocked in game, not ALL of them. Enabling ALL of them involved modifying the way the server querries the bf2web server, and is grounds for getting you delisted.

~Salad
                        not if they are running in the unranked mode...

:evil:

Comment

Really? Must have been a coincidence then.

~Salad

Comment

Anyone have a list of unranked servers with all unlocks available?

Comment

POint of clarification from the server clan I posted this about. I think people in this thread confused allowing ALL unlocks as the TG server admin explains below when i posted your responses:

UseGlobalUnlocks is a server setting. All ranked servers have this on, but any server CAN have it on. It means that players on the server get to use the unlocks to which they have earned access by playing on ranked servers.

UseGlobalUnlocks will not be enabled on the TG BF2 servers because doing so will give an unfair benefit to people who have spent time on ranked servers.

The only fair alternative is to enable ALL unlocks for ALL players, but EA does not like servers doing that and when they find out about it they make those servers inaccessible through the in-game browser. This is not acceptable for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X