Crashing and burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing and burning

Hi there, im new to the forum and EA doesnt wanna help me.

I can see by searching how many people have the "Crashing to Desktop" symptom, and I also have that problem. The other threads i looked at gave some answers and i tried them, nothing worked. Im here wondering if anyone has a definitive answer to this problem.

My game will play perfect for about 20-30 minutes but then all of a sudden either the sound gets scambled and the Blue screen of death appeared saying file KMIXER.SYS is the culprit. If i dont get a BSOD i get thrown back to the desktop, it happens without warning.

I have played hours and hours of BF2 and yet my rank hasnt changed and none of my info is there, because i havent been able to complete a single round scince i got the game.

My settings in BF2 are:

Video settings are all at Medium, with Anti-Aliasing @ 2x. (1024x728 @ 60hz)

And the sound settings are medium with EAX

My computer specs are:
    AMD Athlon XP 2800 Barton Over clocked to 2.2GHz
    MSI KT84AV Mobo running at 333MHz FSB
    1 GB PNY PC3200 DDR
    PNY Verto GeForce FX 5900XT 128MB
    52x Lite on drive.
    Windows XP SP2
    Creative Sound Blaster Auduigy Gamer

So does anyone have a definitive answer on how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Re: Crashing and burning

Update your chipset drivers. It's an on-board audio driver problem.

Comment

Ive updated them as much as they can be, there are no more updates. And i dont use an on-board sound card, i have a PCI one.

I ended up Disabling the Sound card all together removing it from my PC, and the game still crashes.....

EA is not helping much, they keep giving me obvious answers, and i have tried them all....im running out of Ideas, and i wont have money to build a new computer till may/june.

thanks for helping.

Comment

I also have this problem. Anyone wanna help please?

Comment

You disabled which sound card? It isn't the PCI sound card, its the onboard one. You need to disable it in your BIOs.

Comment

Google KMIXER.SYS and you will see that it's an on-board sound problem. There are fixes for it. Google is your friend.

Comment

***UPDATE***

well its not KMIXER.SYS......because i have gotten 4 more B.S.O.D with Special Forces.....and each say something different each time, last one was Nvidia Driver.

What i did, was set Anti Aliasing and Aniscopric (think thats how its spelt) both to 2x....then turned off the "Enable Write Combing" and the game doesnt crash for a long time....i can now play up to 3x longer than before without a crash.....but then just when i dont expect it BOOM all over.

I think im getting closer, so i decided tor revert back to a Nvidia 7.0 driver bit that didnt fix it......i still dont know....

Comment

bump

anyone got anymore ideas? I just bumped it back up cause i posted this at 3AM and i dont think anyone saw it.

Comment

i had the same problem and the cause of mine was my ram changed me ram and now perfect, it kept on saying device problem . try and run a bench test .

Comment

if its your memory check it with your system Log;
                    http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49062

Comment

****update*****

I think i may have fixed it!!!

Although there is not an option in the bios to switch from single channel to Dual, i lowered the RAM's Speed to 333MHz. (I have 400MHz Ram in a 333 Mobo).

I also turned on something called AGP Fast Write.

Last nite for the first time ever, i completed 3 rounds in a row, with no crashing!!! I was able to leave the game at my own will!!!!

Im hoping i fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                      X