VOIP not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP not working

Hi when I installed BF2 and it asked me the Microphone Test , all was fine, so I clicked Save Settings.

Installation finished, I join a server , join a squad and when I talk by VOIP, no one hear me. I think when you talk the little speaker logo (beside the minimap) changes color, but when presss "v" to talk the image remains green.

I tried with my friend , I cant hear him and he cant hear me.. so we're wondering wut's the problem..

btw, when I use MSN or recording software, all is fine but is only when I play BF2 that no one hear me..

thx in advance

edit : sry, I posted in the wrong section, maybe someone could move to Support section

Re: VOIP not working

The built in battle coms are dependant on the server having it setup right.

Many servers list as having battlecoms active, but don't have it configured correctly. This threw me for a loop for awhile too.

I've found only a few that I can count on being able to talk. Team Wonderful and Raging Rebels both have it spot on.

Comment

Default V key is to talk to the commander, default B key is to talk to your squad, you canonly talk to the commander if you are the squad leader of your squad.

Comment

^^ thx guys but even when Im in a VOIP server (other members of the squad talk to me), V or B just dont work

When I test microphone in the Audio settings, it doesnt work either, but It worked during the BF2 installation

that's what I dont understand

Comment

Ah... I see. I assume you've tried futzing with the cutoffs and boost settings.

Try making sure that windows hasn't muted your mic input.
          Beyond that, it's a hammer repair job. Just beat on the friggen thing until it does something.

Comment

actually I've noticed this myself. I had some friends over yesterday and we were playing, and to make it so we didn't have to yell across rooms, we tried voip with no success. Today I went into the mic test in the audio settings and noticed when I tried a mic test, the bar shows up but is very low, dull red, and never moves. Plus no sound from the mic. I know my mic works since I tested it with the sound recorder windows comes with, and my friends computer has the same problem with voip. So, I'm just wondering if its a new bug or what.

Comment

I just remembered something...
              Unknown, do you get a little green speaker icon when you hit your push to talk button?

I had an issue awhile back where I had re-mapped my push to talk button but the game wasn't recognizing the new key assignment for some reason. couldn't figure out why my voip wasn't working and tried a bunch of different things. Finally, I re-re-mapped my push to talk and everything worked fine.

Comment

Moved to Support.

Comment

Did anyone ever figure out the cause, or at least the solution to this mind boggling problem? I have it too, and I can't for the life of me figure this one out.

Thanks.

Comment

*Bump*

Doesn't work for me either.

BS

Comment

Here is EA supports answer to that question

MY POST
                      This has been a problem before but since I continue to have little glitches all over I am trying to find out about all of them to see if they are related.

I am right now deleting my bf2 folder as described in the previous support ticket. (I love doing this btw)

In the process I encountered a problem I have encountered before.

When I try to set VOIP up and hit the start threshold test button nothing happens. I cannot hear my voice in my head set either.

If I keep saying test test test test etc while at the same time clicking the start stop button on and off sometimes I can get the slider to move and hear my voice in the head set.

Nothing happens when I move the voice slider at all. So I have to work with whereever it happened to land.

Whats wrong with my voip

EA Response
                      Hello,

Thank you for contacting us again at Electronic Arts Technical Support. We are really sorry we still haven't resolved your issues with one of our games. We appreciate your efforts in writing to us again.

As the issue you are having is in regards to the VOIP functionality, we may specifically need to update the NForce Audio driver.

Should you have further inquiries, please let me know.

For further assistance about any Electronic Arts games please visit our extensive Self Help knowledge base. (http://support.ea.com)

Thank you,

Cesar
                      EA Technical Support

And this one but don't try to dl the 1/2/3 upgrade because there isn't one theres two seperate ones.
                      Hello,

Thank you for contacting us again at Electronic Arts Technical Support. I am really sorry you are still having issues with Battlefield 2. And I know how frustrating it is to not get the game to work as I am a gamer myself.

This is due to a hardware compatibility issue. Adjusting your hardware acceleration or updating your drivers may help resolve this issue. If it does not, you will need to disconnect and reconnect from the game in order to restore VOIP functionality.

Please click on the link below for assistance on how to adjust hardware acceleration.

If the trouble persists, please try updating the drivers for your motherboard.
                      These drivers can be obtained by taking the following steps:

· Go to: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
                      · There you will see three boxes. In the first box, Choose ""Platform/Nforce Drivers"".
                      · In the second box, please choose nForce 1/2/3
                      · In the third box, choose your Operating System (Windows Version), and click ""Go!"".
                      · Click on the ""» Primary Download Site «"".
                      · Read the LICENSE AGREEMENT and click ""Accept"".

It should then prompt you to begin the download. Be mindful of any additional Install or download instructions that Nvidia recommends.

After installing the NFORCE drivers, please re install the drivers for your video card.

After installing these drivers, please re install DirectX which can be found on the game disc.
                      For instructions on how to update DirectX please click on the link below.
                      http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/cci/reinstall_directx.php?p_sid=<? echo $p_sid ?>

Only certain players can take advantage of the VOIP function in the game. Be sure that you meet these criteria to use the feature:

You must be either a Squad Leader or the Commander for your team.
                      You must press and hold the Speak key while talking.
                      Press and hold the V key if you are the Commander to issue commands to the Squad Leaders.
                      Press and hold the B key if you are a Squad Leader to issues commands to your Squad.
                      If you meet these criteria but the VOIP fuctionality is still not working, verify that your sound card is the Default Sound Device on your computer.
                      Open the Control Panel.
                      Double-click on Sounds and Audio Devices.
                      Make sure that your hardware sound card is listed as the Default Sound Device. You may need to adjust the individual options on the Sound and Audio tabs.

If you are not a Squad Leader or Commander, you cannot use this functionality. Nor can it be used as a voice team speak option. VOIP was created to be a fast and effective way to issue important commands, while other communication can be done over the various text chat options.

Hopefully these suggestions will be of service to you. I do appreciate the opportunity in helping you resolve your issue. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

For further assistance about any Electronic Arts games please visit our extensive Self Help knowledge base. (http://support.ea.com)

Comment

I had this a while back I turned of VOIP and clicked apply then turned VOIP back on and applyed and it now works

Comment

Yeah good suggestion.

Also if your testing voip on a server and you havnt spawned (ie your at the weapons page or have the map up, voip will not work, it only works actually on the field.

^Just in case some do try.

Comment

Working...
                          X