Logitec Extreme 3D Pro - Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitec Extreme 3D Pro - Setup

There are certainly enough votes for buying this joystick so I did.

I've been fiddling for days to get it to my liking and can't get it even close. I am wanting slight inputs on the stick to get a reaction [small dead zone] and am struggling most with nose up/down since I have to put so much motion to get the nose to drop by the time it triggers, I overcorrect horribly.

the instructions/ help section is weak at best.

So can anyone tell me;

Axis properties;
    What does Sensitivity do 0-100 %
    What does Range mean? 0-100 %

How do you get throttle to be related to the throttle not 100% on or nothing. I have it as forward tasked as throttle and backward as nothing.

In game adjustments;

Yaw 1-10 ?????
    Pitch 1-10 ?????
    Sensitivity ?????

Where is it best to adjust controls [logitec profiler / game controls / both] and what do they do.

Also is there a way to auto level [dount it] where you revert to flying completely level.

I have tried an unheard of combination of settings and have been trying to figure this on my own and with little instruction.

So can anyone help me please or point me in the right direction, link or post?

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Re: Logitec Extreme 3D Pro - Setup

I have the same Joy stick and havent had to chnage any settings, still razor fast for me.
    As for in-game settings, i think the sensitivity is for the mouse, you have to change the sensitivity in the profiler I think.

Comment

yea, this is the best joystick for your money
      i have the logitech extreme 3D pro and it IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD for the price.

set the YAW, PITCH, and SENSIVITY all the way to high.

everything maxed out. you wont as much bang for your inputs on this joystick, if you turn them down all it does is make it suck more and not be as quick, making you suck B@LLS like nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by \\«WÎÑG»//
        Where do you edit that? Mouse Settings? =P

Comment

Logitech extreme 3D pro

control set up

FIRE : joy button 0 (triger)
          ALTERNATE FIRE: joy button 3
          CYCLE WEAPONS: Joy button 4
          WEAPON 1: joy button 2
          AFTERBURNERS: joy button 1 (the thumb button)
          FLARES: joy button 5
          averything else you should know witch ones to put it, witch are the axis.
          the twist grip is the yaw with should be set to high,
          the pitch is the up and down move ment witch should be high, and the sensitivity should be at 10.

one more thing, that not the number on the joystick, that just the number it gives the control in puts on the game, so the afterburners, are not button 1 on the joystic, on the joystick the number printed on the side is 2.

Comment

Originally posted by \\«WÎÑG»//
            yea, this is the best joystick for your money
            .........../
            Thanks for the input, I will give it a try.

Comment

I agree, it's an excellent Joystick. I had briefly attempted keyboard and mouse piloting when I started getting annoyed all the times I was getting pwned by repetitive bombing and strafing runs so decided I wanted to be able to do that on occasion myself and keyboard and mouse just didn't cut it. After looking through these forums a bit I opted for buying the Extreme 3D Pro as it has so many recommendations. Great investment!!.

I didn't install the Logitech drivers, just configured the joystick in BF2, I haven't changed any of the sensitivity settings as yet but intend to as I would like the plane to be more responsive on some maps, Kubra Dam for instance. By default it works a charm on Wake island.

A tools I have found useful to use in conjunction with the joystick is JoyToKey 3.7.9. JoyToKey will allow you to use the Hat switch in order to access the 'Commo Rose' so you can spot, say sorry etc. It will also allow you to use the Hat switch as a mouse free look mode. So by default I use the hat switch for cockpit, chase front and chase rear views. Then when I press and hold say button 6 it allows me to use the hat switch as a commo rose, and when I press and hold button 7 it allows me to use the hat switch as the mouse free look mode. Not sure if this is the exact setup as I'm not at home but you get the idea.

You should also be able to use JoyToKey so you have a one press button for "Spotted", handy for chasing an enemy jet and keeping on it's trail, currently for that I am using Autohotkey, I have one button press for "Sorry" and "Spotted".

Comment

It's a crap joystick, I suggest you return it if you can. After some usuage (like 2-3 months) the joystick will most likely break. You'll lose calibration, and you won't be able to fix it because of some damaged part inside the joystick it self.
                Those of you who say it's great wait until you get this error, it gets annoying as hell to fly good.

Comment

Originally posted by DanneDA
                  It's a crap joystick, I suggest you return it if you can. After some usuage (like 2-3 months) the joystick will most likely break. You'll lose calibration, and you won't be able to fix it because of some damaged part inside the joystick it self.
                  Those of you who say it's great wait until you get this error, it gets annoying as hell to fly good.
                  So you're saying that the usability of this joystick will slowly degrade over time with use? Hmm ...

Is that a similar problem to your own? That being, you've used the English language *so much* that over time it has come to the point that you just can't use grammar effectively anymore? :laugh:

Seriously though, I do applaud your correct use of apostrophes!

Comment

Got the joystick too. Don't have any problems as described in this thread. I have the problem that the effect of the twisthandle is extremely slow. Right on the carrier it turns well, but when i'm in the air it sometimes does not seem to turn as well. Takes me ages to turn the damn thing around. Anyone else have the same problem?

Comment

Same prob. Also - mine is horribly calibrated (twists left) and you cant reset it. I did find that running / minimizing the Logitech Profiler to the system tray makes it a lot more stable though once you lose calibration.

You get what you pay for and I'll buy a new one soon. Same thing with headsets - I dont spring $100+ on headphones anymore and instead buy the $15 Logitech headsets at Wal-Mart which I can replace every few months. Works fine for what it does.

Comment

Originally posted by DanneDA
                        I own three of them. One gave out after a year of 30+ hours per week gaming (not bad in my opinion) and the other two are still going strong after two years. I love mine and they've lasted well.

Comment

This Joystick feels great and very accurate as long as it works. I bought at least four of it. new. not refurbished not used. in retail box. from Wal-Mart.
                          They all failed after 30-60 days. Thanks to Wal-Mart return policy!

I will never recommend that joystick to anyone. I saved some money and got Saitek X52 Flight control system. Be patient and watch eBay for a good "Buy it Now" deal.

Comment

I have the old X45 Saitek and it is nowhere near as good as the Extreme 3D pro but it cost a lot more. All I can think is that you got a bad batch of joysticks. I've bought from a variety of sources and recommended the Extreme 3D Pro to at least 20 different people. Only 1 has had their stick break in less than a year. The rest are all running strong.

Sorry to hear you had such bad luck.

Comment

Originally posted by whoster69
                              I have the old X45 Saitek and it is nowhere near as good as the Extreme 3D pro but it cost a lot more. All I can think is that you got a bad batch of joysticks. I've bought from a variety of sources and recommended the Extreme 3D Pro to at least 20 different people. Only 1 has had their stick break in less than a year. The rest are all running strong.

Sorry to hear you had such bad luck.
                              It is very possible that I had a bad batch as I bought all of the items from the same retail store.

Those setting are mouse settings. They have nothing to do with the joystick.

Comment

Working...
                              X