Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! BF2 Problem, cant play after joined game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! BF2 Problem, cant play after joined game!

kay while playing bf2 my screen went blue with a loud screeching noise then my computer restarted...
    When it restarted I got a windows fatal error dealing with ATI I believe.. I didnt think nothing of it and closed it immediately..

I opened bf2 sf back up and then everything worked fine. I was able to join a game and load it up. I pressed the "Join Game" button after it finished loading and I get into the game and I am at the Weapon Selection screen and it is there where my mouse and keyboard are frozen.
    The game is definitely not frozen though, I see people dying and chatting and the sound is working and everything is find it is just my keyboard and mouse are not responding. I cannot escape to the BF2 menu or anything, I have to alt+f4 out.

I uninstalled both BF2 and SF and then Reinstalled and patched it back up and still does the same thing, all of my other games still work correctly (WoW, Starcraft, EVE Online)

I have looked all over google and have seen some of the same exact problems, but no solutions to it.. anyone have an idea?

I reinstalled video drivers and still no worky!

Re: HELP! BF2 Problem, cant play after joined game!

Yeah thats ATI for you, I have an ATI card and its such crap compared to what I could have got for the same price with nvidia.

Comment

Did you save your profile, in the BF2 directory, or any other folder to save your settings? If so, you may have saved your problems as well. I had the same problem, I repatched with a new download from.... well the EA site, then restarted and it worked fine.

Re-apply the patch - you need to patch AFTER SF , not before
      Reboot
      run a disk check, scandisk
      Try a single player game
      then another server online
      if no luck,
      download the ATI drivers from ATI apply
      reboot
      retry

If that doen not work, a long shot is that as the game uses CRAZY amounts of memory, check to see that your RAM, inside your machine is properly seated in their slots.

Other than that, I woudl day to unistall and reload again with rebooting at each step. Do not configure any little things you may have, yes, a VANILLA version of BF2 only, no KB , Video or sound, just try it fresh, with patch.

Comment

The best way to enjoy SF is to:

1. Uninstall it
        2. Find a table or chair with a short leg
        3. Put the box with the CD underneath it

Just play regular BF2...you're going to be bored with SF anyway

Comment

someone else had something similar and it had to do with resetting controls to default as the answer. Easiest fix rather than reinstalling everything. It may not be the answer but it's easy to try.

Comment

Working...
          X