Civilization IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization IV

So, anyone out there have Civ 4? I got it for Christmas, and since I've already beaten Black and White 2 (which I also got for Christmas), I've started to work on learning the ins and outs of this game. Have to say I'm rather happy so far, lots of information to take in and such. Still haven't ventured into the wiles of online play though.

Re: Civilization IV

I have it, huge civ fan and I own all the previous ones.

I would suggest getting the 1.52 patch before practising the tech tree routes before playing online.
    Also, for a visual upgrade might I suggest getting the blue marble terrain upgrade. It's a terrain gfx pack that is based on the NASA blue marble project and uses real sattelite photos to create graphically accurate terrain gfx.

link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140246

Comment

its a great game, good soundtrack. Somewhat like the other Civ games but with updated graphics, gameplay, etc, which is exactly what I was looking for, the same game experience just better. I personally like the game alot.

Comment

Awsome game, though I still wish Sid Meier would create a Alpha Centauri 2, I miss the weapon designer.

Comment

i have civ 3, and played the demo for civ4. they're preety good, altough sometimes i get bored when they take too long. however civ4 seems less boring when i play it.. but i still play rome total war more than civ (can't beat the 3d-battles)

Comment

Just got and loaded up the game. Not having played any of the other Civs I tried to go through the tutorial. After an hour though I had to leave.... So I saved the game and tried to come back to it.

If you load the tut from the normal game menu you auto win through victory conditions.... and you cant reload through the Tutorial.

So I guess I have to go through the 1st hour again (I hope someone here can prove me wrong)

Comment

I've been a Civ vet since Civ II released. And they just keep gettng better and better. My favorite feature in Civ IV is the religion and holy city addition. Kind of cool to fight for someones Holy City. And when you are playing on a high diffilculty they send everything they got to retake it. Great game, 9/10 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                I have it, huge civ fan and I own all the previous ones.

I would suggest getting the 1.52 patch before practising the tech tree routes before playing online.
                Also, for a visual upgrade might I suggest getting the blue marble terrain upgrade. It's a terrain gfx pack that is based on the NASA blue marble project and uses real sattelite photos to create graphically accurate terrain gfx.

link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140246

Sorry for double post... but will this effect my saved games? It looks awesome, but I don't want to lostthe game I have been playing for over a month now.

Comment

It's a graphical change only, it should be compatible with all saves.

Comment

Working...
                  X