Improving Team Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving Team Play

I think i never played this game with a team that really cares to win each round.
    I the first place people want to kill lots of enemies, then try to be the best of their team, then try to capture flags, rarely try to defend a flag, and really don´t do much to win a round (the team only serves to improve the chances of survival).
    Keep in mind that is just my opinion, maybe there are a lot of people that think differently, but I think that there aren´t enough, and the reason is that the game doesn´t reward you enough for teamplay or doesn´t punish you enough for being a lone wolf who doesn´t care for your team.

I think part of the fun of this game is teamwork with the goal of winning the round, and I don´t know if it is possible to change something to improving this aspect of gameplay.

In my opinion there was a little thing that could change all this status quo...if a team that loses the round doesn´t receive any points (or just 10%), would make everybody try to win the round, and the ones that win instead of the 2x received a 4x points.

I know that changing teams in the middle of the round would be problematic, but normally this doesn´t happen.

What are your sugestions and feelings in the matter?

Re: Improving Team Play

Originally posted by grena
    I know that changing teams in the middle of the round would be problematic, but normally this doesn´t happen.

This though would happen if people thought that they weren't going to get any points for playing their best but happened to be on the losing side.

> I think i never played this game with a team that really cares to win each round.

think that maybe you should check out some unranked servers to see what teamplay can really be like.

Comment

Yea, you can't expect the way the game tabulates your 'score' to encourage team play at all. All the rank and medal stuff is nonsense when it actually comes to winning the round as a team.

You have to realize its not up to the developers to "change something" so that the team plays together with a common goal of winning. It's the mentality of the people playing on the server that dictates the way the round plays out.

Unfortunately, public servers may have a handful, possibly even a majority of adults that want to play as a team together, but a few children playing immaturely can ruin the experience for everyone.

So whats the solution? STOP playing on random public servers. Your chances for a good game are minimal. If your interested in playing the game with other like-minded mature gamers, instead look towards a clan environment where you stick to the same server regularly.

As far as public servers go, TacticalGamer.com seems to run the only teamplay oriented servers that I've personally found. They are like an oasis in a sea of retardedness.

I suggest you go to their website: www.tacticalgamer.com and read some of the info there. Then head to their BF2#1 server and join a squad with a |TG| tagged squad leader.

No fighting over aircraft, majority of people on voice, everyone is in a squad... etc. Check it out and see for yourself.

Comment

I was going to suggest TacticalGamer.com but I thought people may be tired of hearing it mentioned in every second post

Comment

I think it would be beneficial for the winning team if each player got say 10 extra team points at the end of the round. This would not count towards any types of medals including gold, silver, and bronze, but it would offer SOME reason to try to win.

Comment

Originally posted by JensenB9

Unfortunately, public servers may have a handful, possibly even a majority of adults that want to play as a team together, but a few children playing immaturely can ruin the experience for everyone.

So whats the solution? STOP playing on random public servers. Your chances for a good game are minimal. If your interested in playing the game with other like-minded mature gamers, instead look towards a clan environment where you stick to the same server regularly.
            Don't even feed him that crap about clans man(that rhymes) clans are just as much jerks as everybody else. I bet they even act like spoiled rich cry babies to each other. Like today I was on the TFH server and one of them took the chopper and I ask give me a ride on the comm rose.

He said negative and flew off. See that kind of stuff ticks me off. And how they play on the same team everytime and claim they are trying to get some pratice..Bull. They lock their squads and freak if they can't get what they want just because their gaming tag is the same name as the server.

Comment

Originally posted by The Question
              Don't even feed him that crap about clans man(that rhymes) clans are just as much jerks as everybody else. I bet they even act like spoiled rich cry babies to each other. Like today I was on the TFH server and one of them took the chopper and I ask give me a ride on the comm rose.

He said negative and flew off. See that kind of stuff ticks me off. And how they play on the same team everytime and claim they are trying to get some pratice..Bull. They lock their squads and freak if they can't get what they want just because their gaming tag is the same name as the server.
              Maybe I should clarify, join a MATURE clan.

There are many that restrict based on age.

Comment

Originally posted by JensenB9
                Maybe I should clarify, join a MATURE clan.

There are many that restrict based on age.
                Age means nothing. Shows how dumb the clan is if its restricts by age. If I could I would pick the best and brightest players and form a little group but I just don't give a damn.

Comment

Age means nothing. Shows how dumb the clan is if its restricts by age. If I could I would pick the best and brightest players and form a little group but I just don't give a damn.
                  If you don't think age means something when it comes to maturity....

hang out with a group of 16 year olds, then hangout with a group of 30 year olds. It's not always the best way to measure maturity but age is definitely where you wanna start.

Comment

Sorry for being a negative nancy and flaming you for stuff..

Comment

that is totally unfair to bash the entire clan thing as a whole .. the fags that play like that are the servers to avoid .. try coming into ours.... statistically speaking it is top ranked .... sometimes you may find some douchebags in there, but on the whole it is pretty straight up

Comment

I kinda of wish I could give every clan a biopsy and say wow your gonna die..

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                          I was going to suggest TacticalGamer.com but I thought people may be tired of hearing it mentioned in every second post
                          How can people be tired of hearing it if no one listens? This server will probably solve 90 percent of the gripes on this board, but people prefer to complain.

Comment

meh..

Comment

Same old song and dance IMO. Clan this and clan that, Tac. gamer rules? Look, first I dont intend to flame anyone, ok. Next, I think the solution is simple, or was simple. Anyway, if your team wins 100 to zero then you get 100 points added to your score. Zero to 100 you get no points and the other team gets 100. So the more tickets you can manage to hang on to, the larger your reward for helping your team win. Heres an example, I am the commander and my team wins by 40. I get 30 points times 2 plus my team won by 40 so 100 points total. I think this would be all it would take to end the team play issue.

Now the places to pick up a good game (ie.team play) list. To be fair the list should have Tac. gamer in the number one position, but I know of 5 or 6 other places to find it too. Im not gonna tell you what they are because it seems every server I recommend becomes full in a day or two and I have a hard time getting in. If you dont believe me try getting into a "PTG" server, or "WIH" server. I think that sayes it all.

Anyone else have any Ideas on this subject?......Red

Comment

Working...
                              X