X-Fi/ Audio settings problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Fi/ Audio settings problem

So today I started up the game after about 2 weeks of no BF2. I go into the sound settings to make sure everything is set properly and I see something strange.

Where it should say Creative X-Fi it says "AUDIOSETTINGS_". So I select X-Fi, and put the sound quality on Ultra High. When I hit apply I get a message saying that my hardware is incompatible with the current settings.

What the hell?! I have a freakin' X-Fi Fatal1ty. I havent changed anything since that last time a played the game (no new patches or sound drivers) so I dont know why this started.

Please, can anyone help me solve this problem?

thanks

Re: X-Fi/ Audio settings problem

Maybe backing up your profile folder, delete it, then run the game, and reset everything to defaults...

Comment

Make sure that game mode is selected in the Creative Console. You can get to the creative console by going through your start menu.

Also make sure you have the latest drivers, otherwise you will get a FPS drop instead of an increase.

http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...ype=1&x=31&y=8

Comment

Yes, be sure you are in Game mode or it fubars your audio setting in Bf2.

Comment

Yeah, I did that when trying to get the crackiling to stop, changed out of game mode then couldn't select the card in game properly. Go to creative console and make sure game mode radio buton is selected.

Comment

Well, I always have game mode on, and when this problem started to occur, I had game mode on. I'll try deleting my profile to reset everything to the defualt settings and see if that works.

Also, I have the latest sound drivers from Creative's website.

Comment

Moved to support.

Comment

Working...
              X