Vanila + SF servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanila + SF servers

Just wondering, Are there any servers that Run a Mix of Vanilla and SF maps together, or are the mods really seperated so that you must run each individualy.

Re: Vanila + SF servers

i heard that you can't run sf maps and vanilla together for some reason.. dunno could b wrong tooug..

Comment

Unfortunately it can't be done. The only way possible is to add the bf2 maps to sf, but the client has to do the same as the server.

We currently alternate between SF and BF2 usually on a daily basis. So one day its SF and the next day its BF2. That's about the best we can do unfortunately.

Comment

Ugh, thanks for the clarification!

Makes sense though, SF really is a complete mod by itself, just like you can't rotate the Project Reality Mod with Vanilla Maps for example either.

Comment

It doesn't make sense to me! I used to play Rainbow Six: RavneShield and when I bought the expansion pack, Athena Sword, the servers could run both types of maps.

I think EA made a bad decision in not allowing servers to run a mix of map. If they said it can't be done, they are either lying or stupid. Granted, it may "split" the VBF2 community a bit more, but I think it's big enough to handle it.

Comment

Another pet hate of BF2. I believe that BF1942 and its expansions could never be mixed on a server map rotation either.

Again, this is something they are supposedly looking into for a future patch. No guarantees though, as usual.

Comment

You have to have them separate yes, BF2CC has a fit if you mix em.

Comment

Working...
              X