constant crashses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• constant crashses

it may just be my video card, but everytime i launch the game it crashes. It wont even let me view the pre-game movies. i have a visiontek ti4200 128mb card. it is only dx8 compatable shaders and stuff. however, i heard you can tack a small command at the end of the executable to make it run. you add -dircextx something or other and it disables some features. does anyone know such a command?
    will the game work with a 6600gt?

Re: constant crashses

your card sucks, it's probably causing the problem and a 6600gt will run the game good

Comment

well i have a 6600gt on the way but i want to play now. does anyone know the command to put at the end of the exucatble? i know it exist does anyone know it?

Comment

ok, is it possible to play the game at all with a card that supports only up to directx8 hardware features?

Comment

Sry mate time for an upgrade. The ti 4200 only supports shader model 1.4.
          BF2 requires shader model 2.0 or higher. Get a x800Gt or 6600gt for best bang for buck.

Comment

When the game first came out some people tried to produce a mod to allow BF2 to work with the TI 4200 but it was never finished so an upgrade if your only option.

Comment

Working...
            X