enahncing awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enahncing awards

i thought a little about it , and well , as most probably agree , that besides the rank , which a) allows unlocks and b) helps if you want to be commander , the badges, ribbons and medals arent worth jack ...

so why not give bonuses (which come along with the awards)

just some basic ideas :

Basic/Veteran/Expert Combat (all , incl support , medic , engineer, anti tank, assault , spec ops , sniper, knife , pistol)

accuracy + 5/10/15% for primary weapon (+% for pistols and knife with knife/pistol badge)

Supply/Heal/Repair Badges :

+10/20/30% rate of resupplying, heal, repair

Ground/Air Defense Badge :

+10/20/30% chance of hitting (based on actual chance to hit %)

Commander Badge :

+5/10/15% faster reload of arty/UAV/scan/supply

Explosive Badge :

+5/10/15% damage and/or radius

armor/aviator/helicopter/transport badge :

for example : 5/10/15% more damage , or +5/10/15% more HP , speed , etc.

Ribbons :

Air/ground def ribbons :

+damage

Infantry Officer Ribbon:

+ x% Team Work points if squadleader

Staff Officer Ribbon :

+ x% Global Points if Commander

Aerial/Armored/Helicopter Service Ribbon:

+speed/damage/Hp (not at all or minor of each)

Crew Service Ribbon :

+speed/hp in transporter (incl transport copter and ground vehicles)

Distinguished Service Ribbon :

+% Team Points if in a Squad or commander

Meritorious Unit Ribbon.

+% Team Points if in a squad

remark : there is a ribbon for a) being squad member , squad leader and commander, obviously you can only be one of each at the same time , so only 1 bonus can apply + Meritorious Unit Bonus which makes a total of 2 at any time max)

Valorous Unit Ribbon.

+ 5/10/15% capping speed of flags (incl neutralizing and capping)

Airborne Ribbon

+ control while on parachute

Combat Action Ribbon.

+ % combat points (eg if you have 20 cp , get 1 free)

Good Conduct Ribbon.

-% tk/ta score (eg instead of -4 get only -3)

Legion of Merit Ribbon.

+ % Team points

The medals i may add later , or feel free to add

btw , of course i already hear "blabla unfair etc" but geez , most of this rewards you get, because you earned them by practicing , so why not get some bonus for it ? Of course i would then also remove the commander gets kills *bug* (means arty kills dont count towards anything anymore , or better , they count as artillery kills , and you could add a artillery badge/ribbon which then gives + damage/radius for artillery)

edit: which i could edit topic title lol

Re: enahncing awards

I don't put any value upon the award this game hands out because i see no real skill required in the process of obtaining the award. Basicaly it's adding rewards for putting in very little effort and just paying in time. This system would also add in a lot of frustration for players who do not want to grind their way to an even status. The weapon leathality is bad enough for certain classes against others and i see something like this just adding to certain frustrations.

Comment

Originally posted by triumph69420
      I don't put any value upon the award this game hands out because i see no real skill required in the process of obtaining the award. Basicaly it's adding rewards for putting in very little effort and just paying in time. This system would also add in a lot of frustration for players who do not want to grind their way to an even status. The weapon leathality is bad enough for certain classes against others and i see something like this just adding to certain frustrations.
      yeah i think its a bad idea to

Comment

you did read the last part of my thread , did ya ?

btw , of course i already hear "blabla unfair etc" but geez , most of this rewards you get, because you earned them by practicing , so why not get some bonus for it ? Of course i would then also remove the commander gets kills *bug* (means arty kills dont count towards anything anymore , or better , they count as artillery kills , and you could add a artillery badge/ribbon which then gives + damage/radius for artillery)

Comment

lol well just try to get them and you may find that they are not so easy. sure the basic one are super easy, but when you have to get 20 or 40 kills in a round with one kit thats different, and i dont mean whoreing in a plane for the points. try it and you may find their is some plesure in hearing that sound that you have earned a new medal.

and if these awards are so easy then why would you not want them in. i mean you can get an "easy" expert badge (100hours and 40 kills IAR) then you have faster or better ability, wouldnt that benifit you and not the others who have to work at it to get the badge.

People say if its easy then every one would do it. well i dont see that many expert badges out there.

Well good job Sin it looks like you put some work and thought into your post, i would love to see something like that issued, because i know when i can finally get my 40 kills as a medic IAR, it would be nice to heal others faster or something.

Comment

Good in theory; bad in practice. All this would do would be fuel people to go off on their "ME! ME! ME!" quests to get these upgrades. Could you imagine how many more special ops people there would be for that explosives bonus, not to mention how much MORE annoying the people who already use it would be? Of course, the throwing method that is the majority of what I'm talking about is being removed supposedly in the next patch, but it would still be a pain to deal with the rush of idiots trying to get all this stuff...at their team's expense.

I WOULD be interesting in an FPS were you can train for similar such things in a large, RPG-like battlefield where the gameworld is constantly changing...but I Don't think the FPS community in general could handle that. They're all good idea though, there's just no way you could get the BF2 players to accept these without a crap load of negative side effects. =/

Comment

I find that point grinding is such a tedious and mundane aspect of game design. If i look for rewards they will come from a high standing in the factions that i belong to be it a Clan Wars trophy, a leauge medal for doing some outstanding task rather than just service (which i barely value if value at all). I find it very easy to hop into some meat grinder and blow away a bunch of incoherent fools. If anything the more fools the easyer a point grinding task should become if one is already proficient with even an UP weapon or kit.

Overall i feel that an emblem of competence or excellence should be earned in a controled enviroment or by doing some sort of awesome action or action set.
              I don't consider the tasks given to be difficult but more along the lines of time consuming since players can not always be facing prof. level players. And also i don't see any need to have a crutch going vs those players or lesser players needing a crutch to go vs myself. So i find satisfaction from taking on skill, building skill right off the bat instead of an empty waste of time in what may be a mixed bag of skill and handicaps.

And Sin why don't you just go spell it out for me

Comment

If you've played 100hrs with a rifle, you've got 100hrs of experience over a new guy, isn't that enougth? I don't think you'd have liked it very much if when you had started playing, guys with a 1000hrs, guns were super elite death weapons that killed with 1 shot and never missed. I think that might have put you off the game and decided to go play something else.

The idea works in single player games, your PC won't complain about an uneven playing field. Real people will.

Comment

You can even be number one AT-soldier in BF2 stats without having fired a single AT-Missile your whole career...
                  I think you should not be able to earn class based badges when sitting in a tank, plane, helo, commanding/artillery etc.
                  I know that most players in the stats top 100 got all their gold and silver badges the "cheap" way. Sitting in a tank, jet, or dropping arty on helpless infantry...
                  The stats system is worth nothing imho. And it says nothing about a player's real skill. Therefore I don't think that someone should be rewarded for this padding by adding bonuses which make it easier for him to kill the others. That would totally mess up the balance. Also I want to kill the other player with the same weapon causing the exact same damage as his weapon.

Comment

Also it means we will have to give up our jobs to keep up with the super nerds who can afford to play 10 hours a day.

Comment

Working...
                    X