fraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fraps

when i make movies i normally use battlerecorder and battle launcher i was wondering can u use battlelauncher with fraps and if u cant can u record your own camera movements with it

Re: fraps

yes you can use fraps with BL but you won't get the quality you get from just using BL, recording your movements, then rendering the movie.

Comment

Fraps records individual frames as a video file in real time so it can cause massive slowdown and you may need to lower graphics detail to get a decent framerate, however Battlelauncher records the way the camera is moving and can then render out to a video file but not in real-time, this allows the engine to take the time to render each frame 1 by 1 meaning the final result will be a constant 30fps no matter what your graphics detail or resolution.

Comment

which means that you can "cheat" if you have a low-end system or are just not capable to run everything on high. If you render with the built-in battlerecorder, you will get a nice FPS with highest settings even if your PC doesn't really support it ^_^

But I guess using BL with Fraps is easier but then again, taking the easy way in movie making has not always been the best solution .. ^_^ Depends on how good you are with Fraps too.

Comment

Working...
        X