Installing Ram...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Ram...

Howdy, I bought another 512MB of Ram to make me have 1GB and I have a question. Im trying to put it in but its not going in easy. Is ram sussposed to just slide in or do you have to give it pressure. I know its the right pin counts and ram but do I have to give sopme pressure>? Thanks.

Re: Installing Ram...

ddr ram will have a notch that will only line up 1 way in the slot, make sure you are aligning that notch with the one on the memory module and snap it on place..

make sure the computer is unplugged and you are holding the side of the case to ground yourself when installing..

Comment

As IndianScout has stated there is only one way the RAM can be inserted into the slot. It will require a reasonable amount of pressure to lock it in place.

Comment

oh yeah.. one other thing.. those two little white thingys that look like clamps?! they are. you need to open them before trying to insert the RAM. when you push it in.. they will clamp down on it.

Comment

thanks guy i just got it and its much nice with 1bg.

Comment

Originally posted by wattsfox43
            oh yeah.. one other thing.. those two little white thingys that look like clamps?! they are. you need to open them before trying to insert the RAM. when you push it in.. they will clamp down on it.
            just about to say that....and yeah you have to put kinda a bit of presure (u'd think your slamming it in)...but thats the way they wanna play.

Comment

When I was installing my new ram I thought I was gonna break it...it didnt want to go in!

Comment

Thats nothing, I have about 1cm of clearance between my new HSF (Thermaltake Blue Orb) and my RAM (OCZ DDR500).

Comment

Working...
                X