is my video card over heating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is my video card over heating?

i just recently overclocked my 5200 from 250Mhz to 270Mhz and the memory from 400 to 433 mhz...and when i play..its all smooth, but soemtimes ill get this stutter for about a minute where its like smooth ->freeze with comp making some noise -> smooth -> freeze with comp making some noise

btw its pretty cold in the house since its winter

Re: is my video card over heating?

Do you get any artifacts when it starts acting up? (white specks, or things of that nature) What kind of noise is it making? Is this the only change you've made to your system lately?

I'd back the OC down a bit and see if it quits.

Comment

well u kno when ur harddrive is searching for somseting..the whiiring sound sortof, but its like sort bursts of wirring sounds and i had recently defragged my harddrive

Comment

Interesting. Does the hard drive light on your case flash a lot, or stay on while this is going on?

It doesn't seem like an overheating graphics card could make a noise like a spinning HDD.

Comment

no do you know about this though, my new website www.team-vibe.net spread the word

Comment

Originally posted by spike125
            no do you know about this though, my new website www.team-vibe.net spread the word
            2 posts, and already I am annoyed with you.

Conscript:

It sounds mostly like the textures are being loaded from your Virtual Memory, how much RAM do you have, and whare are you in-game settings?

Comment

512mb RDram (its in my specs) and i play on all low settings with 75% visiblity, but back in the demo, i could play medium textures, geometry, effects at 78% visiblity with some stuttering at the beginning...i think its the new drivers, so im rolling back to some older ones for my fx 5200

Comment

Well, if it worked before you tried to OC it, then that would likely be the cause. If you only started to OC the card after you updated the drivers, then it's a little harder to tell. Did you stop OCing and then try it?

Comment

Good idea, unless there is a fix for any games that you play, it usually isn't worth the hassal to upgrade your drivers.

Comment

Working...
                  X