Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New unlocks...

Just a little question...

Are we going to get 2 unlocks automatically (supposing we have a good amount of points) or we are going to need promotions to get them?

Re: New unlocks...

Erhmmm...

.... What ??

Plz explain in more details what you are asking

Comment

It's simple...
      In BF2 (vanilla) you get 1 unlock per promotion (after Lance Corporal).

In SF you get also 1 unlock per promotion, but after Sergeant, "missing" Lance Corporal and Corporal unlocks...
      So when you reach 50,000 you get your last 2 unlocks. The "missing" unlocks occur because there are 5 weapons to unlock instead of 7.

But now there are new unlocks for AT and Sniper... So, are we going to get "free" unlocks?

Comment

I hope we get 2 free unlocks cause I just used up my last 2 before I found out they're adding more...

Comment

Really? What new unlocks are there for AT and snipers? I thought the m95 was the best a sniper could get and the AT gets the pea-shooter gun with a bigger clip. What is being added?

Comment

M95 accuracy is horrible, DAO damage is too weak. Anything will be better.

Comment

i still kick myself in the butt for having unlocked the m95 as first weapon lol...

Comment

what weppons would u recomend to unlock and in what order

i would say spec opp first as its a class gun
                then maby the g3 although it dont have a granade shooter on it

Comment

Originally posted by pastorjames
                  M95 accuracy is horrible, DAO damage is too weak. Anything will be better.
                  haha dao owns, you just cant aim for beans... even with a firehose like that.

Comment

Only problem with the DAO is that it makes you feel so powerful that you charge flags with it, then run out of ammo too fast. Nothing wrong with the kahones on that bad boy.

Comment

Sorry but I went to the offical BF2 EA site and saw nothing about any new unlocks, unless I am blind as hell and didn't see it. Can someone please post there source where they got there info from. And if its ture hopefully we will get them automat. Like if you already unlocked the sinper and AT you should get the new weapons. People like me that are 1stSGT in the game is going to take forever to get another unlock. "Well at least for me I do not have the time to play BF2 8 hours a day".

Comment

Originally posted by SoupyBlister
                        Sorry but I went to the offical BF2 EA site and saw nothing about any new unlocks, unless I am blind as hell and didn't see it. Can someone please post there source where they got there info from. And if its ture hopefully we will get them automat. Like if you already unlocked the sinper and AT you should get the new weapons. People like me that are 1stSGT in the game is going to take forever to get another unlock. "Well at least for me I do not have the time to play BF2 8 hours a day".
                        The "booster pack" which is supposed to come out next March will come with 2 new unlocks. Over 3 months until then and people are already freaking out.

Comment

Ahh, ok, thanks. Damn, March? They sure do like to take there sweet ass time with coming out with patches.

Comment

No, you misunderstood me... I didn't say you would automatically unlock the new AT and Sniper weapons, but you would earn 2 "free" unlocks (you choose which weapons in BFHQ)...

Just like when SF was released, I was (and still am) a Gunnery Sergeant... I just had to play SF for 5 mins and kill 2 guys... After that, I earned 3 unlocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearnight
                              The "booster pack" which is supposed to come out next March will come with 2 new unlocks. Over 3 months until then and people are already freaking out.
                              Yay for misinformation.
                              Originally posted by DICE interview
                              Other than the addition of two new unlock weapons (for the sniper and AT), there will not be more content in the patch. There is a plan for additional content as we move forward, but patches will not be the means of delivering this new content.
                              No where does it say "these new unlocks are specific to the booster packs". All we can do right now is assume these unlocks are the ones left out of SF (lacking both AT and sniper) and as someone else mentioned (although I can't check), one of the other interviews said these unlocks were left out due to time pressure for the SF release or whatever.

The booster packs should bring new weapons, but then again, we can only speculate they will make it into vanilla BF2 like SF's.

The keyword here is 'speculate', not say things as if they were a fact.

No one knows how the unlocks will work, but they will most likely work as with SF -- if you're up to a certain rank, you might get another two unlocks just like that, seeing it as the first two unlock-giving ranks do not give out an extra unlock for SF (edit: as Churrasco just said.).

Also, before anyone asks, NO ONE KNOWS WHEN 1.2 IS COMING OUT.

Comment

Working...
                              X