Question about the "Aerial Service Ribbon"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the "Aerial Service Ribbon"

In order to get this ribbon, one must be in an airplane for 15 minutes and get 19 kills...

... but can it be gotten as a gunner in the bomber or must you absolutely be the pilot ?

Also, which map/size/side/jet should one use to increase the likelyhood of receiving it ?

Re: Question about the "Aerial Service Ribbon"

I think it'll still count as a gunner.

Comment

as gamewizard said, yes gunner does count. actually when it says "pilot", it more likely refers to "being in jets". any kills u get in certain vehicle will count as the kills of this particular vehicle. which means, if u manage to get 19 arty kills while sitting in a jet in the hanger, u will still receive the specific awards.

Comment

commanders don't fly jets; if you just sit in the hangar its even worse.

learn how to pilot... I was thinking about using this cheap bug to get the ribbon but I learnt to pilot =)... Actually the hardest part is to GET the jet

Comment

The thing is, I can fly, bomb and gun reasonably well... but I can't shake off any other jets using my keyboard and mouse, which is why I was hoping that one could get the ribbon as a gunner. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Thank you for the input, fellas...

Comment

i got mine while using my parachute, guess that counts as flying time as well

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
              The thing is, I can fly, bomb and gun reasonably well... but I can't shake off any other jets using my keyboard and mouse, which is why I was hoping that one could get the ribbon as a gunner. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Thank you for the input, fellas...
              Use the mouse and increase the sensitivity... You can even edit the config file directly if you want (so you can increase the sensitivity more than the game allows you =P)

Comment

Originally posted by .damage.nl
                i got mine while using my parachute, guess that counts as flying time as well
                Thats the airborne ribbon, not aerial service.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                  ...Also, which map/size/side/jet should one use to increase the likelyhood of receiving it ?
                  USA on 64 player "clean sweep" is probably a good choice, its not as fast paced as some of the other maps and the ticket count lasts a while.
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

as said already, it is possible to get the ribbon from the "gunner" position. getting the 15 kills while in the gunner position though is the tough part.

Comment

I got mine on clean sweep flying as a gunner in the su

Comment

You can get it anywhere...even as a commander sittin in it rackin up arty kills.

Comment

sitting in a plane as a commander is good way to get kicked and p1ss off alot of people.
                          "Crunch's First Officer"
                          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

as mentioned, the hard part is getting an airplane

Comment

Working...
                            X