quick unlocks question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick unlocks question

i am nearing my sgt. first class. i am currently gunnery sgt. that will technically take me up 2 ranks (first to Master Sergeant and then to First Sergeant).

my two questions:

1) will i get 4 unlocks? i own sf, so i get 2 unlocks for every unlock. when i first got sf, i got 4 unlocks, as i was a gunnery sgt. at the time.

so, 4 unlocks, or just 2? is moving from gunnery sgt to master, then to first technically two rank advancements, or only 1?

2) second, i have all the weapons unlocked, except the engineer, and the medic. i have none of those unlocked. will this limit the amount of unlocks i get? my goal is to get the g36e. i really want that gun. i would like to start playing as engineer. will i be able to do that? or will i have to wait until friggin Master Gunnery Sergeant?

btw, i did search around the forum, and didn't get a definite answer to those two questions. thanks in advance.

also, here is my character, so you can see any info you need:

Re: quick unlocks question

Originally posted by rhohan

my two questions:

1) will i get 4 unlocks? i own sf, so i get 2 unlocks for every unlock. when i first got sf, i got 4 unlocks, as i was a gunnery sgt. at the time.

so, 4 unlocks, or just 2? is moving from gunnery sgt to master, then to first technically two rank advancements, or only 1?
    You're going up one rank, so it's two unlocks with SF.

2) second, i have all the weapons unlocked, except the engineer, and the medic. i have none of those unlocked. will this limit the amount of unlocks i get? my goal is to get the g36e. i really want that gun. i would like to start playing as engineer. will i be able to do that? or will i have to wait until friggin Master Gunnery Sergeant?
    The G36E is a tier two unlock, so you need the tier one, the L85A1 aka the SA80, unlocked first.

Comment

okay, yea, i get that i need the l85a1 unlocked first. if i see the list of available weapons i can unlock, and i chose the l85a1, will the g36e then become available, or do i have to have the l85a1 unlocked PRIOR to getting the rank, and thus unlock? hope that makes sense.
      You're going up one rank, so it's two unlocks with SF.
      well, technically, i am going from gunnery sgt, to first sgt. if i didn't have the required badges, i would only be a master sgt. so it is two full ranks, but does bf2 treat that as a nother rank advancement or not?

Comment

Originally posted by rhohan
        okay, yea, i get that i need the l85a1 unlocked first. if i see the list of available weapons i can unlock, and i chose the l85a1, will the g36e then become available, or do i have to have the l85a1 unlocked PRIOR to getting the rank, and thus unlock? hope that makes sense.

well, technically, i am going from gunnery sgt, to first sgt. if i didn't have the required badges, i would only be a master sgt. so it is two full ranks, but does bf2 treat that as a nother rank advancement or not?
        Once the L85A1 is unlocked the G36E will be immediately available to unlock as well, assuming you have the unlock to spend on it.

And it's only an increase of one rank, the ranks simply split into two alternate branches. Same as with sergeant major and master gunnery sergeant ranks. It's the same in the actualy marines, both are pay grade E-8
        http://www.defenselink.mil/specials/.../enlisted.html

Comment

okay cool. i appreciate the information man.

Comment

Working...
          X