X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.12 screwed my game up...

System Specs:

Intel 2.8, 1G RAM, Radeon 9600SE, SBLASTER MP3+

I got the game for Xmas. I went home, played it right outta the box the first night in single player, and all was fine. The next morning I patched to 1.12, and tried to play single player again. The game stuttered and hiccuped every few seconds making gameplay impossible.

I've defragged, updated to the latest and greatest Omega ATI drivers (5.13 I believe), updated my BIOS, upped my AGP aperture to 256 and 8x, cleaned all spyware off my computer, and read through 4 or 5 "FAQ's" and "tweak guides" to get this game going. As of this writing, I have EVERY setting on low, and AA on OFF. No improvement.

Basically, since I've put patch 1.12 in, I can't play this game. Nobody has any idea why, but I do notice that there ARE other people with this problem and this patch. Any help would be appreciated please, as I don't really want to be stuck with a crappy game that I can't return as my Xmas present. This CD is will soon be wiping my butt and flushing off to the land of games quickly forgotten!

Re: 1.12 screwed my game up...

Try deleting everything in your cache folder in 'mydocuments'. Then start it up again.

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

I usually do this after installing new video drivers since I get odd shapes in the game if I don't.:hmm:

Comment

Thanks for the advice, but no dice. I am fully convinced, from the posts by myself as well as others, that patch 1.12 screwed something up in systems with certain configurations. Any other possible methods to fix this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I'm guessing that you have the same problem in multiplayer?

Do you mention SP because that's the mode that you'll be playing BF2 in? If so then you don't need to really install any patches as they don't really affect how SP plays.

Sorry it's not a solution but just my 2 cents.

Comment

I haven't tried multiplayer, yet. I wanted to narrow down the problem without wondering if it was server induced lag. I don't plan on playing SP at all, I just know that if it's stuttering like this now, it will be hell on a server with 31 others. The sound and graphics are fine for the first few seconds, after a firefight/explosion, my speech and graphics begin to stutter and never recover. One last ditch effort for advice before I return the game and tell them it's got a read error on it. Thanks again.

Comment

After i installed the 1.12 patch, i can't even start up my BF2. Even after uninstalling the whole game and patching it back to 1.03 it still won't start. Now i can only play an unpatch BF2 on a unpatch server.

Comment

yea man, that happens to me most of the time, but when i pron (in the game) for a couple of minutes, i'll get better. And if that doesn't help, ur screwed. And also, before you take the game back, wait for a new patch. Unless if you really want to get your money back, then return it.

Comment

Originally posted by God_Bless_You
                After i installed the 1.12 patch, i can't even start up my BF2. Even after uninstalling the whole game and patching it back to 1.03 it still won't start. Now i can only play an unpatch BF2 on a unpatch server.
                I'm having the same problem, tried everything, have been reading all possible forums... EA & DICE, they suck bigtime!!!

Comment

Working...
                X