Regarding New Unlocks Talked About in Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regarding New Unlocks Talked About in Interview

just wait till after the 50,000 points ... next one is at 200,000 .. THAT is just plain STOOPID!

Comment

Originally posted by -=[R]=-DraXus
      Now, The M95 wasn't put in there to be able to get infantry kills. If you want that you can get the M24 or the SVD or whatever tha black chinese Sniper is...But It was but in there because you can kill a Helo Pilot before he takes off and him have zero idea where you are other than you had a rifle that just shot THROUGH THE GLASS OF HIS WINDOW...now against infantry it does the same damage...Look at any weapon scale, it agrees with me. The DAO-12 was in there to present and defend the ATer at short distance and the Mp5, if your good, can get you a few long distance to medium range kills.

I have stated my case...Thank You and Good Day
      I've recently put my DAO down and have been using the MP5 a lot lately, and yes it is POSSIBLE to get a long range kills with the MP5, but its more on luck then skill. Today I was playing, I had my MP5 on single shot, another enemy was prone about 50 M away. I went into Iron sights and lined up my crosshares perfectly, I fired, waited a second, lined up again, and shot 3 times that way. I only hit the enemy Once out of 3 shots.

That is a bit rediculous, the AT is completly vulnurable at long ranges, and I am aware that you can use the rocket for long ranges, but I'd rather save my rockets for the Tanks then waste them on infantry. The disadvantage isn't as noticible as when you're in a squad, but these days squads that work together are few and far between.

I am hoping that the AT unlock is a rifle that is capable of firing at long ranges, but it should be locked in single fire mode, and the bullets should do the same, if not less damage then the MP5, so we dont over power the AT kit.

With the addition of a long range rifle, the AT kit will be able to change his weapon loadouts to suit CQC (DAO) Medium (MP5) and long (New unlock)

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPuffy
        I've recently put my DAO down and have been using the MP5 a lot lately, and yes it is POSSIBLE to get a long range kills with the MP5, but its more on luck then skill. Today I was playing, I had my MP5 on single shot, another enemy was prone about 50 M away. I went into Iron sights and lined up my crosshares perfectly, I fired, waited a second, lined up again, and shot 3 times that way. I only hit the enemy Once out of 3 shots.

That is a bit rediculous, the AT is completly vulnurable at long ranges, and I am aware that you can use the rocket for long ranges, but I'd rather save my rockets for the Tanks then waste them on infantry. The disadvantage isn't as noticible as when you're in a squad, but these days squads that work together are few and far between.

I am hoping that the AT unlock is a rifle that is capable of firing at long ranges, but it should be locked in single fire mode, and the bullets should do the same, if not less damage then the MP5, so we dont over power the AT kit.

With the addition of a long range rifle, the AT kit will be able to change his weapon loadouts to suit CQC (DAO) Medium (MP5) and long (New unlock)
        I don't know why they bothered with the MP5 at all - the pistol is better at range, and a lot of people are very comfortable (and effective) with it. I'd almost rather have 1-2 extra rocket rounds rather than a lame SMG.

Comment

I've been carrying the MP5 lately, and I find its only really effective at about 10M, on fully auto for just spraying and praying. Its rate of fire while on automattic is its only advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by ||ass||variable
            I don't know why they bothered with the MP5 at all - the pistol is better at range, and a lot of people are very comfortable (and effective) with it. I'd almost rather have 1-2 extra rocket rounds rather than a lame SMG.
            Fully agreed on that. I find that the rockets on AT are valuable, so I pull out the trusty handgun for long range (if I have the advantage, otherwise, forget it.)

About the unlocks, I don't think anyone needs to worry -- you only get 2 unlocks per rank after Sargeant. That's rank 3. There will be 2 unlocks left for those who have everything unlocked. Do the math.

(In short, it should be just like when you got SF -- you'll get one/two extra unlocks upon logging in after the patch [depending on your current rank].)

Comment

Originally posted by =GzR=Damager

just wait till after the 50,000 points ... next one is at 200,000 .. THAT is just plain STOOPID!
              I just reached 50,000 on the weekend, so if EA/Dice don't give out these "New" unlocks with the patch I'll be ****ed. Chances are I will never reach 200,000, so the kit I play the most(AT) will never get upgraded - thanks!

T

Comment

Ok, um, what is all this silly talk about dao/mp5 and m95, get back on topic.

I think i've figured out the topic issue though.

Normal BF2, or vanilla bf2, unlocks start at lance corporal, 1 point per promotion.

Where as BF2SF unlock points start at the rank of Sergeant.

This is because bf2 has 7 unlocks and bf2sf has 5.

Now if this patch has 2 new unlocks, 1 for AT and 1 for Sniper, you will most likely get them if you are already highly ranked like myself at First Sergeant.

Basically you will get 2 unlock points for having previously been Lance Corporal and Corporal.

I hope you guys can follow what I'm trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by HammondofTexas2
                  I hope you guys can follow what I'm trying to say.
                  Shame I already mentioned it.

Originally posted by myself
                  About the unlocks, I don't think anyone needs to worry -- you only get 2 unlocks per rank after Sargeant. That's rank 3. There will be 2 unlocks left for those who have everything unlocked. Do the math.

(In short, it should be just like when you got SF -- you'll get one/two extra unlocks upon logging in after the patch [depending on your current rank].)
                  Oh, and the topic is about the two new AT and sniper unlocks -- I find it perfectly reasonable to debate the usefulness of the current unlocks and speculate weather or not the new ones will offer some variety.

Comment

yeah, i need to get 20,000 for another unlock, im at about 10,000 now.... i hope they are free unlocks

Comment

Now, The M95 wasn't put in there to be able to get infantry kills. If you want that you can get the M24 or the SVD or whatever tha black chinese Sniper is...But It was but in there because you can kill a Helo Pilot before he takes off and him have zero idea where you are other than you had a rifle that just shot THROUGH THE GLASS OF HIS WINDOW...now against infantry it does the same damage...Look at any weapon scale, it agrees with me. The DAO-12 was in there to present and defend the ATer at short distance and the Mp5, if your good, can get you s few long distance to medium range kills.
                      m95 should be slightly better at killing infantry (as it is) and be able to shoot through glass which it is almost useless at both. I commonly switch between the m95 and the accuracy difference is huge. I bet the m95 has 60-70% of m24 accuracy and the m24 isn't entirely accurate either.

8-9 times out of ten that I am at medium range (for a sniper) and aim right at the chest of the chopper pilot, the bullet goes 3 feet off. I didn't miss. That piece of **** they call the m95 failed me yet again....

Also the m95 does NOT I repeat NOT do the same damage as the m24. The m24 will take away about 60% of your health or so the m95 takes you down to two bars which is like 95%. Try shooting your target once in the chest and then hit them once with a pistol. Do this once with both rifles. The time you try this with the m95 the guy will die. The m24 guy will still be alive. Go try it yourself.

EDIT: If the m95 had accuracy of of the m24, not a single chopper pilot in ghost town server i commonly play on (moders ghost town) would ever live....

Comment

Working...
                      X